Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

Hi i just got my mi410 and the priblem i am facing is that when i keep display timeout to 2 mins or anything else the display goes off but al the phone is turned off to use it again i press standby/power button and mobile starts again or it starts again by itself .... is there some problem with software or is there something i am doing wrong ... pls help in this as i am new on android

Hi,

This is Ram new member and owner of spice Mi-410 Regarding your issue 2 of Auto rotate screen having mood of its own .Even I had this issue before but was able to resolve.
Please do the following:-
Goto Settings->Display->G-Sensor calibration (The sensor to detect the Auto rotate or Accelerometer)when in calibration screen place your mobile on a flat surface like your desk and then click on calibrate on the screen.
Now check your Auto rotation, should now work fine without any mood swings.
Hope this will resolve your issue. Let me know if works.

Iam happy overall with my spice Mi-410 but one thing is that FM reception is not so good and its not able to scan stations correctly and save it.
Did anyone had this issue on this phone?

Thanks...

have nay one tried Vtok, this is a nice one to have video and voice chat with gtalk users.(friends)

I tried it and it worked, Only Voice call

Hello Esteemed Forum Members !!

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and it helped me to take decision to buy my first Android phone Spice Mi 410 from Saholic. I ordered it on 4/7/11 night and got the delivery on 7/7/11 here in Vizag. But to my surprise, I found a deep dot dent on my phone's back cover( battery cover) and the cover was in detached condition. Though I can not say it is used one or not, but one thing I am sure that the seals of the box were opened earlier( visually one can not detect it, but when I went to pull off the seals, those came off very easily). Anyway the Saholic Guy has been nice to me and promised me to give replacement for the cover. My feeling is Saholic Guy is innocent here, somewhere up the line something is cooked up( maybe spice is importing those used/ tested pieces unknowingly!!). Thought mine is the one off cases, but seeing other ppl having similar kind of issues, I could not hold up posting the issue.

Anyway I am overall happy with the performance of the phone( battery life might be an issue for big screen Androids) and started loving Android, except one issue of signal strength. I live in a weak signal zone, but my other/ old phones constantly give one or 2 bars, but this one gives either full signal/ all the bars or no signal at all.. how come? Any antenna issues?

You Guys will have to help me for any Android related issues.. Thank You in anticipation...

boomboom said:
Hello Esteemed Forum Members !!

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and it helped me to take decision to buy my first Android phone Spice Mi 410 from Saholic. I ordered it on 4/7/11 night and got the delivery on 7/7/11 here in Vizag. But to my surprise, I found a deep dot dent on my phone's back cover( battery cover) and the cover was in detached condition. Though I can not say it is used one or not, but one thing I am sure that the seals of the box were opened earlier( visually one can not detect it, but when I went to pull off the seals, those came off very easily). Anyway the Saholic Guy has been nice to me and promised me to give replacement for the cover. My feeling is Saholic Guy is innocent here, somewhere up the line something is cooked up( maybe spice is importing those used/ tested pieces unknowingly!!). Thought mine is the one off cases, but seeing other ppl having similar kind of issues, I could not hold up posting the issue.

Anyway I am overall happy with the performance of the phone( battery life might be an issue for big screen Androids) and started loving Android, except one issue of signal strength. I live in a weak signal zone, but my other/ old phones constantly give one or 2 bars, but this one gives either full signal/ all the bars or no signal at all.. how come? Any antenna issues?

You Guys will have to help me for any Android related issues.. Thank You in anticipation...

Yes, I also feel the signal strength issue sometimes, but for me it is not that Full or nothing, but where my nokia 5800 use to catch 4 bars this catches only 2 bars, so I think I'll need to learn leaving with this... somehow I felt Nokia has the best signal strength

^^^ may be they are too dumb to learn the functionality of the phone or they could have found better phone with same price tag...just may be

And i think both of the accounts come from same area (he may be same user with two separate accounts selling that 1 phone)....something fishy!!!!!

annababu said:
max_s said:
^^^ may be they are too dumb to learn the functionality of the phone or they could have found better phone with same price tag...just may be

And i think both of the accounts come from same area (he may be same user with two separate accounts selling that 1 phone)....something fishy!!!!!

Yes, I agree with both the things max_s has said, both account looks same and the funny thing is when the new one is available at the same price (or even 1000 less after discount) then who would purchase his phone at the amount + 200 postage...

People are funny sometimes ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sajokj said:
Can we discuss on best Apps which u use on this dream phone?

App = GO Launcher, Adobe reader, Arcus Dictionary, Barcode Scanner, Document scanner, Documents to Go, Dolphin HD, Easy Installer, ES File Explorer, Facebook, GO Contacts, GO Dialer, HI-Q MP3, History Eraser, Life changing Quotes, News and Weather, News Hunt, gReader, Pansi Messaging, SuperBox, Swiss Army Knife, Tapatalk Pro, The weather Channel, Unit converter., Titanium Backup Pro, MyBackup, MoBo Play, Backup to Gmail, Camera360, Date in Tray, Hindi HinKhoj Dictionary, PowerAmp, QuickPic, Screenshot, Snaptu, Sygic Maps Aura, TubeMate, Way2Sms, Smart Task Switcher
Game = Samurai II Vengence, Asphalt HD 6

Widget = 2g-3g widget, APNDroid, Bluetooth Discoverable, Circular Battery Indicator, Flash Light, USB tethering widget.

Live wallpaper = Waste of resources so no live wall paper.

guyz i know i mite b sounding dumb on this but i am struggling to lock screen bcoz of which the battery goes off in 8 hrs without using anything.... the display is on full tym ... if i keep display to tymout the phone goes off after setted tym... if i try to lock the screen using power button pressed slowly still after a min or soo the phone goes off ... is this a software problem or some setting problem ... pls advice as i am not able to use mi410 properly

Now CSL 2.3.4 OS restarts my Mi-410 everyday atleast one time. Also GPS wont get locked to any satellite. When I enable GPS and go back to main screen then again if I go back to location settings then I can see GPS is disabled. Is any one facing this issue on GPS.

anyone facing the same issue on GPS. Or I m doing anything wrong in settings

^ that restarting issue is definitely some problem with your handset.

Get it looked at the Spice service center.I never get any spontaneous restarts.

And GPS locks without issue here in Delhi (10-60 seconds depending on location)

I use this app called No Lock to disable the lock screen and use a Widgetsoid lock widget to lock the phone instantly.

I don't use a lock/unlock screen at all. I consider it kinda redundant to swipe the screen after I have pressed the power button ;)

Live Wallpaper : Nexus Kang (light on resources and looks pretty as well)

Just bought spice piece from navs from market section.Now just trying to learn how does android work as its my first android stuff in hand.

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
^ that restarting issue is definitely some problem with your handset.

Get it looked at the Spice service center.I never get any spontaneous restarts.

so it seems i need to go to their service station and get it sorted .... no online help .... the issue is the display is always on and eats up all the battery ....

Back