Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

Still no news of upgrade from spice...July is coming to end....Have they forgotten?

Nor they have mention about it anything anywhere....!

boomboom said:
Hello Esteemed Forum Members !!

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and it helped me to take decision to buy my first Android phone Spice Mi 410 from Saholic. I ordered it on 4/7/11 night and got the delivery on 7/7/11 here in Vizag. But to my surprise, I found a deep dot dent on my phone's back cover( battery cover) and the cover was in detached condition. Though I can not say it is used one or not, but one thing I am sure that the seals of the box were opened earlier( visually one can not detect it, but when I went to pull off the seals, those came off very easily). Anyway the Saholic Guy has been nice to me and promised me to give replacement for the cover. My feeling is Saholic Guy is innocent here, somewhere up the line something is cooked up( maybe spice is importing those used/ tested pieces unknowingly!!). Thought mine is the one off cases, but seeing other ppl having similar kind of issues, I could not hold up posting the issue.

Anyway I am overall happy with the performance of the phone( battery life might be an issue for big screen Androids) and started loving Android, except one issue of signal strength. I live in a weak signal zone, but my other/ old phones constantly give one or 2 bars, but this one gives either full signal/ all the bars or no signal at all.. how come? Any antenna issues?

You Guys will have to help me for any Android related issues.. Thank You in anticipation...
go for Battery Booster application..... also use advance task killer.... help a lot to increase battery life......:D

afzy said:
guyz i know i mite b sounding dumb on this but i am struggling to lock screen bcoz of which the battery goes off in 8 hrs without using anything.... the display is on full tym ... if i keep display to tymout the phone goes off after setted tym... if i try to lock the screen using power button pressed slowly still after a min or soo the phone goes off ... is this a software problem or some setting problem ... pls advice as i am not able to use mi410 properly
u just need to press the lock button once and the phone will lock. did u install some software which interferes with the lock ? my phones locks within 30 seconds on it own as well.

and guys what do we do about just the 349 MB or so RAM ? question is did Spice/Huawei cheat us or is the RAM actually there ? Others using other brand 512mb phones on Froyo/Gingerbread can please comment on this? How much total RAM do you guys see?

You always have the option of flashing to the "other" 2.3.4 firmwares.

max_s said:
Still no news of upgrade from spice...July is coming to end....Have they forgotten?

Nor they have mention about it anything anywhere....!

@all

What are the differences between the CSL Firmware(s) and the stock Spice firmware? Aren't they the same? I don't remember my stock(2.2.2) Spice firmware much, but I do remember the yellow background with the "S" and seems like they're the same as CSL ones?

paarkhi said:
Game = Samurai II Vengence, Asphalt HD 6

Which version of asphalt 6 u r using ?
I am unable to run any asphalt game due to black graphics/ only sound/ no cars only sky...

I m on original spice firmware.

Try asasin creed, ATV Madness, Gangstar, Skies of glory.......

Any other 3D racing game to be recomended ?????

To all those mi410 owners who are loving this device but hating a demon inside called Battery life here is a solution which will increase Battery life by 30+%.. i use phone incessantly and earlier used to get 5-6hrs of backup at max.. Even Standby eats lot amount of charge if u have not tweaked your battery... But there is perfect solution for this.. here are the steps:

1. Any new battery has to go through 3-4 cycles of complete charge and discharge i.e 100% charge to 0% when phone gets off. Do this cycle for 3-4 times.(Proof: HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID ERIS by HTC (Verizon) - Power and Battery), u can read under 1st question it says same.
2. Remove other battery improving apps and task killers which run behind and eats RAM and Battery. Use the app called Automatic Task Killer from market its free it does great job by killing selected background inactive apps automatically every time you unlock screen using power button, it even shows how much ram has freed, mine around 170MB will be free always.
3. After doing above, I got amazing battery performance even in standby, before sleeping last night i had 45% battery, after 8Hrs at morning i saw it was 43%, and for the first time it has been 15-16Hrs since i charged my phone..!!
4. If you have new phone or novice to android try above its best solution i'v got on mine unrooted phone.. if yours is rooted u can underclock CPU and get even more better performance i hope, Pls do react back..!!
I'm completely happy with this phone except i cant root CSL 2.3.4 using Free Radical's or Askys method.. :(

A new problem for me :(

Once a day for the past 3 days I am seeing that the phone is freezing/hanging for some reason (not while I am using but when i suddenly want to use the phone i see its not responding). Cant do anything to get it working except disconnecting the battery and putting it back in.

Uninstalled all recently installed apps (i had thought recently installed Elixir was causing issues)

Am on stock untouched/unrooted OS. any suggestions/help? Has anyone observed this on their phone?

Guys any idea where I can get a screen protector/scratch guard ... The one which it had came out now I want a new one ... any idea which site sells it ? I searched google cant find it ... or does some other phones protector fit this one ?

manish_bhaumik said:
u just need to press the lock button once and the phone will lock. did u install some software which interferes with the lock ? my phones locks within 30 seconds on it own as well.

I havent installed any apps yet ... i have sent it to service center and they were confused wether its hardware oe OS issue they have kept the phone with them for couple of days and shall check on both and get back to me.

Scorpy said:
Guys any idea where I can get a screen protector/scratch guard ... The one which it had came out now I want a new one ... any idea which site sells it ? I searched google cant find it ... or does some other phones protector fit this one ?
I used the Sony Arc's SP, which fit perfectly ..... but don't have Idea about any online site providing the same..... as I purchased it from a store with 6 month warranty ....:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

manish_bhaumik said:
A new problem for me :(

Once a day for the past 3 days I am seeing that the phone is freezing/hanging for some reason (not while I am using but when i suddenly want to use the phone i see its not responding). Cant do anything to get it working except disconnecting the battery and putting it back in.

Uninstalled all recently installed apps (i had thought recently installed Elixir was causing issues)

Am on stock untouched/unrooted OS. any suggestions/help? Has anyone observed this on their phone?

I also faced the same problem after switching to cherry magnum 2.3.4.... after that I switched to CSL 2.3.4 ..... now not usually..... only happened twice from then and that also because of unclosed application....

I also faced the same problem after switching to cherry magnum 2.3.4.... after that I switched to CSL 2.3.4 ..... now not usually..... only happened twice from then and that also because of unclosed application....

Thanks for your reply. Any particular app or type of app that was unclosed ? I uninstalled all i could think of and I dont think any app is running ... still so far saw 2 hangs in 2 days that too on the untouched OS :(

Anyone else have any inputs?

Please help me to root my Mi-410 CSL 2.3.4

I tried the method on ******.com but ever after trying that I am not getting root access.

Any other way to do it?

sajokj said:
pls provide the link for his tutorial -Asky's

This is the link for Asky's tutorial

http: / / w w w. e r o d o v.com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-3.html#post609625 (remove the spaces)

and I've refined a bit and the link is below

http: / / w w w. e r o d o v.com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325-6.html#post613265 (remove the spaces)

Whichever you like

Back