Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

I have been using this phone for a month now..."touchwood" got no problems faced by the other users here....i only have on thing to tell to the future buyers of this phone

1.If u are expecting samsung,lg,motorola like quality dont go for this phone....i mean dont expect that much unless u want a phone for close to 20k+ price

this is value for money phone matching their productivity standard.

2.Dont whine about this happened and that happened to my phone,dicuss ur problem but dont make it larger than life problem...even best companies have dull quality standards(lg,samsung,nokia,motorola,sony).

ANd yes u can go for class 10 memory cards they offer good speed for transfer.(more future proof).

@sajokj... I had the same problem as described by you on the stock firmware. I called up the Spice guy over here with whom I'd interacted earlier when the used mobile was shipped to me and he has now told me to get a DOA certificate from the nearest Spice service center post which they'll do whatever I say. I hope I can get a DOA certificate for the screen issue and then get it exchanged for a brand new piece.

It doesn't like Value for Money to me now... more like Money down the drain which I'm trying to recover :( :( :(

Rgds
Sandy

If the problem comes again then, I wil revert back to 2.2 and ask for exchnage or repair.

If they refuse Consumer court is there to help us

Even I'm using it since almost one month and mine is connected most of the time for USB Tethering and occasionally playing games, listen music, I don't have any problem as of now... let's see the future and yes, as max_s said don't expect top notch quality, it is good in its price range, this is my first Android and I can say it is good experience overall (apart from User Experience of OS interface), I cannot expect any branded company providing handset with such specifications in this price range, so in one way I'm ok with this. I only have Camera quality complaint but chalta hai, I have a dedicated digital camera so no problems

Hello Friends,
After following this thread for past few weeks, I order my Spice Mi410 thru Saholic. Good experience with them. The delivery was good - in one day. Their online tracking of shipment was too good. This is my first Android phone. I realised that I can't do much on the phone until I add SD card ... so had orderd 8GB class 10 card thru Flipkart ... expecting delivery today.

Haven't explored all features yet ... planning to do so in the coming week and share my experience here ... also look forward to some expert help / guidance incase I get stuck with any issues.

Exactly! that's what my thought's were when i preferred Moto Defy over this.. Great set of features which are very hard to find at that Price, As you said if you leave out the camera performance, This phone very much competes with most of the branded biggies.. at almost half of the Cost of them..

Like you this is my first android, but i have played a lot with my Friends HTC Incredible s, Samsung Galaxy S,, So can surely back my words with confidence. in fact the very same friends were left gasping when i reveled the Price & brand name to them.. at first they thought it to be a new model from HTC..

Hello everyone. I bought this phone 3 weeks ago. I read that some people on this forum have bought class 6 and class 10 sd cards.

1. Are they really necessary for smooth HD recording? Because the FPS with my sd card is low (around 17 to 19 instead of 30) and the video appears choppy.

I don't know what class my Micro sd card is, it came with my Samsung Monte that i bought last year. So does class 6 SD card solve the problem?

2. Is the sound quality only good with the bundled earphones? The quality is low with earphones from Nokia E72 and my Samsung monte (Both in ear types) even though these earphones sound great on other devices. Is there some setting for it?

3. I tried playing 1280x720 videos in .avi and .mp4 formats ,but they did not play smoothly in any video player, even on mobo player. Only one .mkv format movie played but that too had some vertical lines. Any solutions for this?

I haven't rooted or done anything else cause i am new to Android. Would really appreciate if you guys could help me.

@JalanRishikesh

Being Safe it'd be good to use Class 6 or 10 mem cards...

Stock Earphone is of no good quality, use some branded ones...

Mobo works fine for me in these 2 formate with the mentioned resolution

About the issue of class 10 or 6 or other classes of that memory card its better to go with class 10.
But i didn't knew much about these classes when i bought 8GB Class 2 from Transcend. But I've never seen any lags in 720p HD Videos recorded or played.
Even I tested SD card speed using SD tools app from market i got 6.6MB/s Write speed and 13MB/s Read speed which is property of class 6, but I'm getting it on Class 2, which must have 2MB/s write speed. So if u already have SD card and don't know about class just check its speed, if u get good result its okay to keep it.

paarkhi said:
Same applies for Gujarati
Support Hindi Fonts - Android Forums

Basically you need to root your phone and replace the fonts with unicode fonts, ligatures (યુક્તાક્ષર) will be a problem, and for simple reading in regional languages, just make a pdf, it works....

To type in Gujarati you will need MultiLing Keyboard from the market...
no need to root.... just install opera from market then type "opera:config" in address bar..... then Go to end of page displayed. There would be an option “Use bitmap fonts for complex scriptsâ€, change its value to “Yesâ€...... you can see font in any browser.......:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sajokj said:
Guy, There are some issues on this phone, today morning I got a issue on this phone. While I was sleeping my phone also was in Standby/sleeping mode. Today When I tried to ON the screen using the power button, Nothing happends even after hitting the power button the phone is not coming out of the Sleeping mode, when I make a call the phone is ringing, but Screen is still off. any one faced this issue? once removed the battery and placed it back, its working as normal. dont know how long?

Is it a hardware issue or CSL 2.3.4 issue?

Those who had not yet purchased this phone/or planning to purchase this phone, please hold on... Dont buy this phone. There are some serious issues which may come up anytime. so stay away from this Baby.

I also faced the same problem.... Its not because of any issue.... it software problem, after I rebooted it and never face the same again...... Actually because of unclosed application, I faced this one. You may face this type of problem with other phone too, but at time you ignore these thing because of brand value ....

sajokj said:
Guy, There are some issues on this phone, today morning I got a issue on this phone. While I was sleeping my phone also was in Standby/sleeping mode. Today When I tried to ON the screen using the power button, Nothing happends even after hitting the power button the phone is not coming out of the Sleeping mode, when I make a call the phone is ringing, but Screen is still off. any one faced this issue? once removed the battery and placed it back, its working as normal. dont know how long?
Is it a hardware issue or CSL 2.3.4 issue?

Those who had not yet purchased this phone/or planning to purchase this phone, please hold on... Dont buy this phone. There are some serious issues which may come up anytime. so stay away from this Baby.

Hi - I faced similar issue today morning ...no amount of pressing the power button helped to come out of sleeping mode.. Finally had to remove and placed battery again and it worked..
What I noticed was my battery level was showing very low (@12% at this time). I guess this could be the reason ... maybe charging the battery and then try pressing the power button could have solved this ...
Will try this next time I face this issue.

Friends,
Facing issue in setting up my Gmail / accessing Google apps,Androit market.

I am able to browse and check my gmail account thru browser. I was also able to create my email account and access gmail (thru imap settings).

But when I use Gmail app (or try for Android Market) and use my Gmail account name / password it does not connect... say " unable to connect with data servers .... this could be a temporary connection problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services".
Don't know whats wrong ... my connections are working fine, data is enabled ... but not able to connect gmail account / android market.

Any suggestions..

Ok, I went to the Spice service center and the guy had a look at my phone's screen about the dead pixel. He said that the phone's bill was dated 19th and since its more than 7 days now, he can't give a DOA letter without the explicit approval of the Spice Management. I called up the personnel from Spice who told me that he'll try to get the approval asap. Also when I said that since I received the mobile on 20th, the 7 days should be counted from that day onwards, he said that the policy is that the 7 days are from the bill date and not the receipt date.

Bottom Line: If you order your mobile online and receive it after 2-3 days, then these are accounted in your 7 days return clause if there is any issue.

srawat_itpro said:
Bottom Line: If you order your mobile online and receive it after 2-3 days, then these are accounted in your 7 days return clause if there is any issue.

In fact any warranty is calculated from the bill date only.

vivekb said:
You can see font in any browser.......

This surely can be an alternative for those who have not rooted, but OP's question was also about typing and you can't see font in any browser but only in opera mini :p

paarkhi said:
This surely can be an alternative for those who have not rooted, but OP's question was also about typing and you can't see font in any browser but only in opera mini :p
What I understand from his question that he want to see gujarati font in browser.... accordingly I answer, I may br wrong in understanding his question.... and other thing was that Any was in excess, :) you can see only in Opera Mini.... Thanks for the correction ...:)

vivekb said:
before to try for Bluetooth headset..... go for good head, at least check once, as I am using it a lot that also outside.... and I am exceptionally happy with performance .... give one try..
Thanks for your input. I have got the problem. I used to give some gap between the ear and the handset, just for the fear of not getting it damp with sweat.

But still I request members to suggest a good quality bluetooth headset, preferably someone who is already using one. I have both BH 104 and BH 109 and both are having below par audio during conversations.

Oh and I have already inaugurated the handset by dropping it down once...accidentally ofcourse. So far so good, and now I am also impressed with the build quality.

I have ordered a host of accessories from ebay. basically the covers. None of them fitted right now. will post the result soon.

amsang said:
Thanks for your input. I have got the problem. I used to give some gap between the ear and the handset, just for the fear of not getting it damp with sweat.
But still I request members to suggest a good quality bluetooth headset, preferably someone who is already using one. I have both BH 104 and BH 109 and both are having below par audio during conversations.

Oh and I have already inaugurated the handset by dropping it down once...accidentally ofcourse. So far so good, and now I am also impressed with the build quality.

I have ordered a host of accessories from ebay. basically the covers. None of them fitted right now. will post the result soon.
Please put your input if you got the cover fitted for this...... I am desperately looking for it..

hey ppl have you ppl encountered this problems in android market.

all the games such as asphalt 6 hd(adrenaline),modern combat 1 & 2...these kinda games.

are not compatible with spice mi-410...but with same hardware other phones from htc,Samsung,sony ericcson are compatible...!!!!!

it is just a compatibility issue or really these games will not run on our phones?

has anyone tried it?

Back