Spice Mobile Launches Android Smartphones in India

Hacker said:
Before making fun of Indians, you should know that English is not India's mother tongue. The market for this phone is people who have learned some basic "ABCD" english in school. If you see the keyboard from their viewpoint and "ABCD" keyboard makes sense.

There are people in European countries with English speaking skills far worse than us, yet they use QWERTY or every AZERTY, then why can't we? I'm not making fun of us Indians, I'm trying to say that the product they created is making fun of us Indians. If everyone else can adapt to it, why can't we?

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
^
Whats the problem if a company is releasing a new keyboard layout.How does it makes fun of us.I dont understand your logic.
yep it's not made for fun .

one should understand that QWERT keyboard belongs to Computer & mobile manufactures just put same QWERT keypad to such small keypad without thinking that how can people will type with 2 hand or single hand on such small keypad .

logic behind ABCD keypad is any 1 who learnt english & haven't experience of such keypad can type his ABCD way

These phones should start a price war Im very sure
The 4 series spice look good but not very good.
Lets see its pricing.
But its got an impressive line of features including Snapdragon 1 Ghz procy :)

I will be following these phones

wow....A lowest priced Android phone. :cheers:
Mi300 with MRP of 9990/- will surely sell like hot cakes unless any other Android phone is released with that price tag.

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
^
Whats the problem if a company is releasing a new keyboard layout.How does it makes fun of us.I dont understand your logic.

When the rest of the world can adapt to QWERTY, why do we need ABCDE? Surely there are other ways we can improve/innovate the market than dumbing down the standardised QWERTY keyboard to ABCD keyboard. Plus it just makes us look stupid that Indian company would want to release a ABCDE keyboard claiming it would make life simpler .... Simpler for how long? The moment he goes to a computer keyboard he'll be lost all over again!

multi said:
logic behind ABCD keypad is any 1 who learnt english & haven't experience of such keypad can type his ABCD way

And so break the standard of QWERTY? What will he do when he has to type on a computer or laptop? I like innovation .... but this is stupidity.

RD274 said:
When the rest of the world can adapt to QWERTY, why do we need ABCDE? Surely there are other ways we can improve/innovate the market than dumbing down the standardised QWERTY keyboard to ABCD keyboard. Plus it just makes us look stupid that Indian company would want to release a ABCDE keyboard claiming it would make life simpler .... Simpler for how long? The moment he goes to a computer keyboard he'll be lost all over again!

And so break the standard of QWERTY? What will he do when he has to type on a computer or laptop? I like innovation .... but this is stupidity.

this guy needs medical help!!!

why are you underestimating yurself and us indians??

many countries take pride in doing things differently

see the kind of changes companies adapt to suit the chinese people

chinese layout

chinese language

chinese frequency bands

even china specific models or modified models of popular sets to suit their people!!

if you dont take pride in being an indian then go to a english country and be their slave again

ayaskant12 said:
this guy needs medical help!!!

why are you underestimating yurself and us indians??

many countries take pride in doing things differently

Medical help eh? Its called an opinion ....

Where on earth am I underestimating Indians and myself. I repeat (for the last time!), I think Lava thinks us as stupid for not being able to adapt QWERTY and go for the un-conventional ABCDE keyboard layout.

I don't mind different but this is a step backward and surely Lava has other things it can improve upon, like incorporating GPS in their phones rather than meddle with a standardised keyboard layout and confuse people.

ayaskant12 said:
if you dont take pride in being an indian then go to a english country and be their slave again
The conclusions people come to nowadays :rofl:

we would soon see blackberry , nokia ,samsung and other brands introducing these ABCD keypad phones if lava has not got patent rights for it.

or else we may see the lava phone selling as hotcake as i am sure many people would try it. and ABCD keypad is easier to adapt than QWERTY keypad , anyways those who feel confused they have option of QWERTY in front of them

Looks like a steal for 10k

Mi303 is good..

BUT spice brand just doesn't have that much of market yet.

SO i recommend to avoid it for now.

Samsung has released GALAXY 5 and GALAXY 3 Andriod 2.1 based phones and they are already in market. Got a SAMSUNG GALAXY 3 for a friend today at 12.2k. GALAXY 5 is priced even lower.

So SPICE will have to SPICE-UP the price if they want to sell these phones. Who will go for SPICE phone when you have similar SAMSUNG phone at similar price?

NO it's not a steal deal at 10k.

Sudarshan_SMD said:
Samsung has released GALAXY 5 and GALAXY 3 Andriod 2.1 based phones and they are already in market. Got a SAMSUNG GALAXY 5 for a friend today at 12.2k. GALAXY 3 is priced even lower.

So SPICE will have to SPICE-UP the price if they want to sell these phones. Who will go for SPICE phone when you have similar SAMSUNG phone at similar price?

NO it's not a steal deal at 10k.
i think u meant u got galaxy 3 for 12.2k

galaxy 5 is corby i550x

also..

do post a mini review/pics in the i5800 thread please :)

RD274 said:
Medical help eh? Its called an opinion ....

Where on earth am I underestimating Indians and myself. I repeat (for the last time!), I think Lava thinks us as stupid for not being able to adapt QWERTY and go for the un-conventional ABCDE keyboard layout.

I don't mind different but this is a step backward and surely Lava has other things it can improve upon, like incorporating GPS in their phones rather than meddle with a standardised keyboard layout and confuse people.
The conclusions people come to nowadays :rofl:

You are not getting the point, lava is doing something different, its called innovation.

Who are you to decide that those rural Indians should adopt the QWERTY keyboard. Let the market decide, if people like the idea, I assure you it will be copied all over the world in countries where English is not the mother tongue.

madnav said:
i think u meant u got galaxy 3 for 12.2k

galaxy 5 is corby i550x

also..

do post a mini review/pics in the i5800 thread please :)

Yup, Galaxy 3 it is.(The naming scheme makes me think Galaxy 5 is better :p)

No pics as of now, as phone is with my friend.

Back