Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Discussion Thread

^Yes, it's a great game.

Just got ghost rating on Detention Facility mission.
Yie6jCv.jpg

Yup tera, that mission was a beast! Just too many guards and those nasty dogs roving the map. The bit inside the house was also very hard. Till now I haven't succeeded in getting the Gold Ghost rating for 3 main campaign missions and I'm currently on the 12th mission. Will re-try them once done with the game in it's entirety.

Keep up the ghosting my friend and enjoy the game! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1378467167][/DOUBLEPOST]Closing in on the game now...

Mission - LNG Terminal (Difficulty: Perfectionist):

11_LNG_Terminal.jpg

Gold Ghost rating achieved!

Last edited:
Mission - Site F (Difficulty: Perfectionist):

12_Site_F.jpg

That's it! That last main mission completed with the coveted Ghost Gold rating!! Now it's on to the remaining 4th Echelon missions. I'll be only doing the one's from Grim and Kobin.

Alright, so this evening spent more hours in the game. This is absolute relentless ghosting and stealth-ing now.

Mission - Border Crossing (4th Echelon- Grim's Mission, Difficulty: Perfectionist):

13_Border_Crossing.jpg

Mission - Hacker's Den (4th Echelon- Grim's Mission, Difficulty: Perfectionist):

14_Hacker_s_Den.jpg

That's all 3 of Grim's 4th Echelon mission's completed with Gold Ghost ratings. Moving on to Kobin's set of missions next.

Finally I played a game with all the side missions! Got two gold ghost too, and that wasn't even my target :p Is there any way I can see the missions history in details?[DOUBLEPOST=1378665724][/DOUBLEPOST]
wow grt skills i prefer FPS so not too good with ghosting skils
Lol, same here.

@ithehappy : Yes you can check the results you achieved in each level. You need to use the SMI, then use the filter missions to see all the missions unlocked (the one's completed etc.) and then choose a particular mission you have successfully completed. Next, you must use the same assigned filter key on that chosen mission's name and you can check the results.

I'm using the X360 controller and the default filter keys for the SMI are LB and RB respectively.[DOUBLEPOST=1378746235][/DOUBLEPOST]Back from office, put on my stealth gear & boots and at it again, completed 2 more 4th Echelon missions:

Mission - Opium Farm (4th Echelon - Kobin's Mission, Difficulty: Perfectionist):

15_Opium_Farm.jpg

Mission - Fish Market (4th Echelon - Kobin's Mission, Difficulty: Perfectionist):

16_Fish_Market.jpg

Lots of sneaking accompanied by well co-ordinated knock-outs, no kills or detections and as always, Ghost Gold's all round!

Last edited:
Last of Kobin's missions completed:

Mission: Blood Diamond Mine (4th Echelon - Kobin's Mission, Difficulty: Perfectionist):

Blood_Diamond_Mine.jpg

Gold Ghost Rating achieved and this was the hardest of the Kobin's mission IMO. The guards and heavy armor guys were a pain to KO in this level, not to mention the drones scouring the area which added to the overall difficulty. Thank the lord for the amazing Crossbow in this game!

@ithehappy : Haha... my favorite stealth game series, can't stop myself from now! :p

Finally. got the Special Edition's extra mission working and completed it:

Mission - Billionaire's Yacht (DLC Mission - Grim, Diificulty: Perfectionist):

18_Billionaire_s_Yacht_1.jpg

Gold Ghost rating achieved! Nice level overall with lovely graphics inside the yacht itself, richly detailed. It reminded me in places of a level which I loved playing through back in Splinter Cell: Double Agent. The level was called Conzumel.

Next I'll be re-trying the following 3 missions for the Gold Ghost rating (as I missed getting them the first time around):

1. The Private Estate.
2. Special Missions HQ.
3. Detention Facility. (I encountered a bug on this level which made the guards go on full alert for no apparent reason and reloading checkpoints didn't solve the issue, thus will re-try the entire level again).[DOUBLEPOST=1378960024][/DOUBLEPOST]Re-tried the second hardest mission in the game IMO, was aiming for a full stealth Gold Ghost rating:

Mission - Private Estate (Difficulty: Perfectionist):

19_Private_Estate_Gold_Ghost.jpg

The hard part about this mission is that there are just way too many guards everywhere accompanied by those guard dogs. I'm super glad that I managed the Gold Ghost rating on this one![DOUBLEPOST=1379003406][/DOUBLEPOST]The hardest mission in the game IMO and this was on my list to Gold Ghost so finally settled in this evening and gave it a stealthy play-through. Took a few checkpoint restarts and I kept failing at certain points till I mastered it and finally achieved it. Again, patience and right timing were the key things here.

Mission - Special Missions HQ (difficulty: Perfectionist):

Special_Missions_HQ_Ghost_Gold.jpg

Last edited:
The last level that I had to Gold Ghost on, as I missed it first time around because of a bug in the game which somehow alerted all the guards on the map all of a sudden due to no apparent reason. Anyways, got it done:

Mission: Detention Facility (Difficulty: Perfectionist):

Detention_Facility_Ghost_Gold.jpg

Right, with that done I have managed to Ghost Gold to my heart's content these levels:

- All Storyline Missions (except the mission: American Fuel which doesn't have a rating associated with it).
- All of Grim's Missions (including Billionaire's Yacht DLC).
- All of Kobin's Missions.

It's been a fantastic and riveting stealth experience for me to play-through these levels not killing anyone and knocking out enemies only when needed or when the game actually makes it obligatory for you to do so. Yes, it has taken time, a lot of patient trial and errors, some frustrating hours as well, experimenting with different strategies but at the end it's a highly gratifying feel to have stealth played this title to it's very core. When you've tried a particular section of a level for more than 2 hours and then found the right co-ordination and rhythm and it all comes good... that's a joy which is hard to put into words!

The Splinter Cell series still stands tall among my list of favorite stealth titles and although I loved this game to bits Chaos Theory still stands the best title in this series to me. The reason being I could get through that game without a single knock-out, leave alone killing an enemy. But to anyone who has not played this game yet, I strongly recommend it. Put on those stealth boots, upgrade that Crossbow and immerse yourself in the finely crafted world of a Splinter Cell.

Done with the title. Did a marathon sorts starting yesterday evening and blazed past the campaign and some of the side missions. Easily the best after Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory and Double Agent.

Played with a stealth approach and raked a gold in some of the levels.

Blacklist_game 2013-09-20 22-58-13-49.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-21 23-15-16-72.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 01-51-08-27.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 02-55-06-15.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 11-59-11-48.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 12-32-10-68.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 13-37-57-06.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 14-21-15-34.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 19-01-46-06.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 19-57-30-54.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 21-29-29-70.jpg
Blacklist_game 2013-09-22 21-33-41-54.jpg

Why is it that the end-game boss always being overpowered compared to the player? :p[DOUBLEPOST=1379867187][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, safe to say Ubisoft have come the full circle with this game after the last few iterations ? Seems people are enjoying this

I can safely say, YES! :)

Splinter Cell: Blacklist Homeland DLC out now, adds CE content

This week’s consoles network updates brought a new piece of Splinter Cell: Blacklist DLC to PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360. Read on for the details.

The Homeland DLC packs goes for $7 or regional equivalent, and is also available on PC. It includes the following, much of which was previously exclusive to the collector’s edition:

• New co-op missions:
    – Billionaire’s Yacht Co-op map – In this story-related mission, infiltrate a rogue billionaire’s yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea solo or with a friend.
    – Dead Coast Co-op map – Take out a terrorist cell in a remote part of the Middle East in single player or co-op mode.

• Weapons, gear and more
    – Crossbow with sleeping gas bolts – When armed with the stealthy crossbow and sleeping gas bolts, enemies will be snoozing before they even know what hit them.
    – Upper Echelon Suit – This suit offers better protection against fire power and blends into the shadows.
    – 4E Eclipse Suit – This suit allows Sam to carry more gadgets and offers premium protection.
    – Gold, Amber and White goggles – Mix up Sam’s iconic goggles with Gold, Amber or White lights.
    – Exclusive Mercs and Spy Skin

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/26/splinter-cell-blacklist-homeland-dlc-out-now-adds-ce-content/

Back