Star Wars: The Old Republic - Discussion Thread

Re: SW - The Old Republic - New Cinematic Trailer

its no point trying to explain about games to ricky, he will never get over q3 & tf2.

4 New mini in game trailers up at Shack. The player ship interiors look nice.

Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 Media Blast - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

@stormblast

I stopped playing q3a and TF2 almost 2 years ago.

@jc36lect3r

I do like group control but in a limited sense. Recently played SW Republic Commando and enjoyed controlling my squad mates. The reason I enjoyed it you can click on an attack order and go on and do your own thing. You never have to go back and "queue" stuff.

saumilsingh said:
Too bad it's an MMO :(.
Same sentiment here. Although I didn't like KOTOR much, but I would love a Single player Star Wars Action RPG on the lines of Dragon age and Mass Effect. The last great SW game I played was Jedi Knight 2. Force Unleashed had a lot of potential in terms of story and game play, but they blew it with crappy graphics on consoles and highly unstable PC version.

I got all excited on watching the cinematic trailer. Then I caught some of the ingame footage. So long TOR.
OT - anyone else excited about the W40k MMO? Titans!

^^ because you can't play it by yourself peacefully. Not everyone is a fan of on line games (more particularly on line only games). :p

^ Well am playing MMOs since last 6 years and they are fun. Earlier when I started playing MMOs even I have same thoughts but they changed overtime and I enjoy MMOs a lot compared to normal PC games most of which have linear gameplay.

Star Wars : The Old Republic beta key giveaway !!

I got a beta key from Bioware. I am not into MMO's, so I will be giving it away to anyone interested. This MUST be redeemed by today 11:59pm, so please reply fast.

This is the communication from Bioware :

To be invited into the upcoming test you must redeem the code by 11:59pm on Friday, November 18th, 2011 at:
Star Wars: The Old Republic | Error

Once the test date is set you will receive an email from the SWTOR team with instructions on how to start participating in the beta.

Lastly, I am not sure if it is tied to my Bioware account, it should not be. Anyone else in the public beta? Let us know your thoughts :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

No Star Wars/MMO fans here? I would have used it myself, but no time to invest in MMO :(

Star Wars : The Old Republic

hi there,

id like to know how many guys here tried out the open beta weekend (25th - 28th Nov) ?

EA removed the IP block from earlier and i was finally able to connect and i was blown away by the depth and feel of the game.

would definitely be pre-ordering this on amazon if i can get confirmation that the IP block will not be put back up before launch.

@xykon: please do a search before creating a new thread in the forums. Merged the thread with the older one.

SW:TOR is IP Locked as of now and Subscription fee is 15$ per month which comes out to be 825/- and not 3k for 30 days.

BioWare is the best when in comes to storytelling so no doubt this game would be awesome. Waiting to be eligible to purchase this game.

Its not ip locked , you can buy key from other webstore and create an swtor account and add the key to it. Atm playing on EU server with a US-key with a ping of 200ms , so it doesnt matter which key you buy you can play on any servers.

Back