FS: Games Steam Games at 15% Discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup aware of this and therefore sticking to items. Gifts arent going through anyway. These restrictions have been around for quite some time now. Exploiting regional pricing doesn't apply anymore as cross regional gifting anyway doesnt work. The receiver has to be in the same region as the sender in order to redeem gifts.
Cross region gifting has not been a thing for a while. People use VPN to create accounts in cheaper regions and pay using giftcards. This was the case in Argentina. Now, people contact other users in said countries and have them buy the game as a gift or transfer wallet amount. The person sending the funds usually keeps margin.

Cross region gifting has not been a thing for a while. People use VPN to create accounts in cheaper regions and pay using giftcards. This was the case in Argentina. Now, people contact other users in said countries and have them buy the game as a gift or transfer wallet amount. The person sending the funds usually keeps margin.
Thanks for the info. I have heard of people using VPN to buy games cheaper but as far as I know, one can change the store region only once in three months. Too much hassle I would say for people looking to play a game.

Anyway, enough OT.

Bump

is gifting issue fixed?
No. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I am only offering items. Gifts are going through only for one member but the purchases are low value. I am sure by now there is a ratio set by steam that defines how much you can gift based on how much you spend on games for yourself.

Bump

Rant edit: Once again I am asking everyone to only add me if you are ok with items. Many people are adding me asking me to gift and back off when the gift doesn't go through. Many even become radio silent after I go through the trouble of looking for items for the wanted wallet amount. I have explained how it works, yet I go through the trouble of explaining it to you again and again only to receive no reply from members. Once again, I am pasting how it works here:

Steam gifts aren't going through for new Steam friends. Alternative I am offering is CS:GO items that you can sell in the Steam Community Market and get funds directly credited to your account. You do not need to pay 85% of the price of the item. You will need to pay 85% of the wallet amount that gets credited to your account after steam deducts its fee.

Last edited:
Bump

Rant edit: Once again I am asking everyone to only add me if you are ok with items. Many people are adding me asking me to gift and back off when the gift doesn't go through. Many even become radio silent after I go through the trouble of looking for items for the wanted wallet amount. I have explained how it works, yet I go through the trouble of explaining it to you again and again only to receive no reply from members. Once again, I am pasting how it works here:

Steam gifts aren't going through for new Steam friends. Alternative I am offering is CS:GO items that you can sell in the Steam Community Market and get funds directly credited to your account. You do not need to pay 85% of the price of the item. You will need to pay 85% of the wallet amount that gets credited to your account after steam deducts its fee.
You would have said it like below, may be :)
Buyer wants game worth ₹850/-
You find an item which will be worth ₹1000/-
You gift it and buyer sells it for ₹1000/-
Steam gets its 15% cut and give ₹850/- in buyers wallet.
Now buyer can buy the ₹850 wala game :)
Is this transaction correct for your statement above?
also is the item to be sold in cs:go market guaranteed to be sold immediately? has delay in sale will result in missing a deal or something else. I have never traded items so a genuine question from my side.

also when do we have to pay you the amount? before item transfer? after item transfer? after sale of item transfer? you can clarify that here and it will be helpful for all :)

You would have said it like below, may be :)
Buyer wants game worth ₹850/-
You find an item which will be worth ₹1000/-
You gift it and buyer sells it for ₹1000/-
Steam gets its 15% cut and give ₹850/- in buyers wallet.
Now buyer can buy the ₹850 wala game :)
Is this transaction correct for your statement above?
also is the item to be sold in cs:go market guaranteed to be sold immediately? has delay in sale will result in missing a deal or something else. I have never traded items so a genuine question from my side.

also when do we have to pay you the amount? before item transfer? after item transfer? after sale of item transfer? you can clarify that here and it will be helpful for all :)
You can check with other buyers who have already bought from me. Summarizing below.

-Old member with good feedback, you can pay after the item sells.
-New member, you will need to pay upfront. The item will sell. Most of the time I tell the prices that they need to be listed for. In the rare case that an item doesn't sell, you give me the item back and get your money back.

Edit: About your scenario, its almost correct. Steam fee is 13%. You will get 870 wallet when selling an item for 1000. What you will need to pay is 85% of 870 that is 740.
Also, most items sell fast. There are a couple of really old stickers that take time to sell. So, again it comes down to how much wallet you want. For amounts up to 2k, I can give items that sell within a few minutes. For large amounts, you may need to wait for a couple of hours or a day for the items to sell. So it all comes down to planning. You want large amounts, ping me in advance.

Last edited:
just use tf2 keys, sells instantly.
buyers dont want the hassle that come with other items.
they want it to be quick and simple.

just use tf2 keys, sells instantly.
buyers dont want the hassle that come with other items.
they want it to be quick and simple.
Thats the plan later on. But not doing it right now since trading my stuff for tf2 keys will again result in a loss of about 5%. Again the issue here is not items. Buyers simply want game gifts. Most dont want items at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back