Steam gifting restrictions

itachim17

Disciple
is there anyway to bypass steam gifting restrictions, i have like 20k in steam but have send items to friends instead of gifting them games directly

I'm guessing you have friends in other countries where they can't redeem the game due to regional pricing differences? You can send them steam gift cards through steam directly which will auto convert to their corresponding currency and they can buy the games directly. This saves you the headache of buying something in the steam marketplace and then them selling it for wallet balance.

I'm guessing you have friends in other countries where they can't redeem the game due to regional pricing differences? You can send them steam gift cards through steam directly which will auto convert to their corresponding currency and they can buy the games directly. This saves you the headache of buying something in the steam marketplace and then them selling it for wallet balance.
Think you misunderstood him. He already has 20k balance in his steam wallet. You cannot purchase gift cards using steam wallet.

To the op, game gifting outside India is not feasible because of region locks. Gifting within the same region using steam wallet is also a hit or miss. Other payment methods work fine. The game gift may go through or may not depending on account standing. Steam isn't transparent about the policies in place. And No there is no way to bypass restrictions set on your account.

Think you misunderstood him. He already has 20k balance in his steam wallet. You cannot purchase gift cards using steam wallet.

To the op, game gifting outside India is not feasible because of region locks. Gifting within the same region using steam wallet is also a hit or miss. Other payment methods work fine. The game gift may go through or may not depending on account standing. Steam isn't transparent about the policies in place. And No there is no way to bypass restrictions set on your account.

Ah okay. Didn't know you can't buy using wallet directly. I normally just sent the gift card using my card.

Back