Steam having problem connecting to the Steam Server

Steam having problem connecting to the Steam Server

NOTE: This is happening after the Taiwan thing , else everything was OK.

My ISP "Pacnet" also says that there are some problems which are not been

taken care of.

Steampowered.com is also not opening at my place rest all websites are working.

steambl1.jpg

This is really irritating , i cant even game in offline mode since i didnt save the login.

Also my MSN and Yahoo Messengers are not working properly taking ages

to login.

Are other pacenet users or other isp users to facing the same problems.

EDIT:

Found this

Internode Games Network News: "Steam Is Currently Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers"

NO PROBLEM at my end. DataOne UL900 256 kbps (not 2 mbps).

But, yester-night, I need to update the CSS, the speed was very very bad.

I believe Exactt has some 'major problems' with the cables.My ISP says that it has affected the whole of India...not sure if thats the problem or not but my uploading has been messed up.I cant login to steam and I get the exact same error.

Yes that part is true. Many sub-oceanic optical cables have been cut cause of the earthquake. Worst effect Taiwan, Japan-HongKong , and some more... check the news sites for more details.

SIFY ISP is been sending msgs and alerting users about the same. And also that the browsing experience will be effected.

Hope they fix this quicky.

Now our connections are routed though other links... ofcourse they must hav already reached bottle neck.

Yea, getting the same issue.

Im on Spectra Net.

They take bandwidth from Exatt/SpectraNet Delhi/VSNL.

I can surf all sites, as fast as usual. But cant log into steam

Welcome to Steam doesnt work... But forums.steampowered.com/forums works...Zzzz...

deleted and the clientregistry.blob file, and restarted about 20 times.

nothing helps.

Havent played CS in 5 days :(. Im dying here. Lol.

I am having the very same problem..didnt played CSS for a month n when i tried yesterday..it gave me the same errror as u had.
Steam is having trouble connecting dteam servers

My ISP gets bandwidth from BSNL..

hi
yes steam did have problems of connection ,my steam did not open for an entire day it just connected and dissappeared no update nothing ,but the other day it started to run fine .i am using the BSNL dataone connection home plan 500(speed upto 2Mbps ).If you are continouing to get problems try checking your steam ports on steampowered.com (sorry for those who can't open it ).:cool2:

I still have no problem with STEAM.

Right now STEAM updates itself with a totally new interface (its default interface.... not other skin) and also with new feature called GUEST PASSES :hap2:

Having the same prob......am a pacenet user :(
havenet played for like 5 days......steam just gives me the option of "RETRY CONNECTION"..........

Need help guys - @Ethan_Hunt @quan chi @Soyab0007 @Gannu

Recently brought Don Bradman from flipkart @199... After running setup it asked me to register to steam, done that but I am unable to login...

I do remember, at start the steam updated twice but no success in login. Got mail for registration successful... ANy idea how shall proceed with istallation?

TIA

Back