Steam India Prices

There are many games which have got excellent discounts. portal 2 is available for Rs 141. Alien isolation from 24$ to rs 495!
I want to buy black mesa but it is still overpriced. so are call of duty games.:(

Steam should show the download size to every game.

I've noticed the dl size is always around 30% lower than the hard disk minimum requirement specified on the title store page, not exactly accurate but gives you a rough idea if you don't have friends who can share steam backups.

I have an FUP of 30GB. I will have to download this over 2-3 billing cycles. I bought it because it is one of the better games available on Steam Linux.

I've noticed the dl size is always around 30% lower than the hard disk minimum requirement specified on the title store page, not exactly accurate but gives you a rough idea if you don't have friends who can share steam backups.
In case of shadow of mordor, the hard drive size is 48GB while download is almost 43GB. Not much difference!

What I meant is that before buying the game, they should display download size in the description :)

In case of shadow of mordor, the hard drive size is 48GB while download is almost 43GB. Not much difference!

48 gig is indeed a lot but maybe the required size on the title store page doesn't account for the downloadable content and is only displaying the size required for the standalone game.
I just downloaded FO3 GOTY last week, it required 10gigs but downloaded only 7 and even now I'm downloading Life is Strange season 1 which required 13gigs of hdd space but is downloading only 10.

48 gig is indeed a lot but maybe the required size on the title store page doesn't account for the downloadable content and is only displaying the size required for the standalone game.
I just downloaded FO3 GOTY last week, it required 10gigs but downloaded only 7 and even now I'm downloading Life is Strange season 1 which required 13gigs of hdd space but is downloading only 10.
It depends on the game actually and how compressed the assets are as well. Some games store large compressed files while others store multiple tiny ones. The former actually end up having very similar in download sizes and disk space consumption.

It depends on the game actually and how compressed the assets are as well. Some games store large compressed files while others store multiple tiny ones. The former actually end up having very similar in download sizes and disk space consumption.

Aye. Compression is the enemy of Shadow of Mordor. I'm hesitating downloading it (even with a 175gb FUP) although im going to have to. Strangely enough Titanfall via Origin (which I purchased last week) was a 8gig download that extracted itself to 62gigs!

Yea game package compression is a thing but I'm talking about Steam downloads which are compressed on their own as well.
If someone here has Shadow of Mordor standalone here, can you please check what the download size is ?

Edit: I just checked what kind of DLC the game has, most of it is just character skins and runes which shouldn't make much of a difference to the download size. Still it'd be good to know if those two challenge modes are adding to the dl size.

Last edited:
I bought Baldur's Gate II Enhanced for Rs 141.
Have you played the game before? I played it a few years ago, it was so friggin hard. I couldn't even finish the game. Typical classic rpg's. >.>
btw The Guild sale was a good one.

Well, so much for regional pricing Fallout 4 at Rs.4299/- retails for $59.99 in the US. I dont understand the pricing models of the publishers.

Well, so much for regional pricing Fallout 4 at Rs.4299/- retails for $59.99 in the US. I dont understand the pricing models of the publishers.

It's most likely an import copy, maybe @touzeen can confirm.
The cheaper ones are licensed from publishers and manufactured locally by the likes of milestone or express interactive which brings the price down.
Fallout 3 was already pulled from sale by Microsoft last time so Zenimax probably wasn't interested this time either.

Back