Steam India Prices

Fallout 4 MRP.3299. Was 2999 for the pre order on Amazon but now it's at 3299.
I was referring to steam prices, but yes if my eyes served me correctly, I did see the 3k pre order on steam as well and now it's at 4.2k. Why do steam and Amazon have varied pricing?

Why do steam and Amazon have varied pricing?

Like I already mentioned in the thread earlier it's totally at the publisher's discretion atm, it'll probably be some time until everyone's on the same page.
Mostly the Square Enix published games on Steam match retail prices but titles like Arkham Knight and MGS V are still more expensive than the boxed copies available locally.

Like I already mentioned in the thread earlier it's totally at the publisher's discretion atm, it'll probably be some time until everyone's on the same page.
Mostly the Square Enix published games on Steam match retail prices but titles like Arkham Knight and MGS V are still more expensive than the boxed copies available locally.

I understand the price for the boxed retail sets may differ, but for the digital version now that steam has moved to regional pricing, I guess I was expecting parity too soon. Anyways, thanks for responding, so what is the final take, Fallout 4 worth the hole in the pocket?

Have you played FO3 and NV? It's better than FO3 but not as good as NV. I wouldn't spend 4k on it. Maybe 1.5K max. But that's just me.

I understand the price for the boxed retail sets may differ, but for the digital version now that steam has moved to regional pricing, I guess I was expecting parity too soon. Anyways, thanks for responding, so what is the final take, Fallout 4 worth the hole in the pocket?

I haven't played it yet (playing FO3 atm lol) but my friend was ranting on FB that it felt more like a FPS because of the dumbed down RPG elements and the new conversation system.
Check out a few gameplay videos and decide for yourself.

It's definitely dumbed down. There are no skill checks on dialogue options and the dialogues themselves are very toned in options. Gunplay is better though.

Guys, there are some INCREDIBLE Deals on Steam thanks to Rs. prices.

Way too many to list but well worth your time if you decide to have a look. Already have 15+ games in my basket and I am not even 10% through the SStore... :p

^Hey, thanks for the heads up. The earlier posts gave me the impression that the autumn sale is only for US customers, for some reason (maybe the use of 'autumn' had something to do with it, :) ). So didn't bother to check until your post..... & I must say, wow, I'm glad I did.

I've been holding off purchasing Tomb Raider & Splinter Cell Blacklist for a while & now they are 141 inr & 249 inr respectively! Alien Isolation is also tempting at 247 inr. .... Like you said, there's too many good deals to list. Folks should just go on steam and check, especiallly if you are a r/patientgamer like me, :).

PS- Assetto Corsa further reduced to 825 inr

^You're welcome. :)

I've got Alien:I in my cart as well.

From what I saw, its slightly cheaper (Rs.543) to buy the Base Game + Season Pass + 2 DLC (Last Survivor 57 & Crew Expendable 57) versus buying the "Collection" for Rs.589.

You get the same exact content (from what I could tell) for Rs.46 cheaper...

Bought a copy of cs go for my friend but he backed out so its in my another account. Played it for few hours & unlocked few achievements +almost halfway to rank 2. If anybody is interested kindly let me know. I will accept NEFT or steam wallet transfer (if possible). Rs 200.
I will give the details of that account & you can use it (It only has 1 game in it).

Last edited:
Elite Dangerous looks very good for 1000 bucks, buuuuut...
  1. No xpac
  2. Price same as US, no India specific discount :( Its 15 USD directly from their site too.
So in 2 minds whether to get it or not...

Back