Steam is moving to rupees from 3rd Nov

Jc36

Adept
471363880a.png

So what do you expect will happen? Will we see favorable regional pricing like retail or dumb shit prices like GreenmanGaming? If Fallout 4 prices come down it will be an early Christmas for sure.

If they keep the Dollar pricing then it won't be good at all.I buy mostly on G2A or physical copies on amazon/FK as the prices there are lower than Int'l versions as on Steam.I have only bought 1 or 2 games on Steam when they were heavily discounted but mostly I buy DLC's there

Well the rest of the SEA region all got favourable prices. Let's see. Even if they keep the dollar prices not having to pay the conversion charges is still good. On top of that more Indian cards should now be accepted.

Well the rest of the SEA region all got favourable prices. Let's see. Even if they keep the dollar prices not having to pay the conversion charges is still good. On top of that more Indian cards should now be accepted.
Let's hope so.But they will need to match the India specific prices of physical copies available from online retailers which are much lower than Steam prices irrespective of the currency.The pro is that we get the game ASAP but a fair amount of broadband data cap will be consumed by Steam.
My Citibank/HSBC Credit Cards work on Steam without any hassles

I don't think they will be able to match the prices given by retailers. They have to offer so much of bandwidth.
I think lower prices are because of the reason that developers pay to steam their full commission and sell their games in India at a lower pricing.
But if it happens then it would definitely be an early christmas.
I have been buying games during Summer and other sales at discounted prices.
Only game which I bought at full price was GTA V.

Wallet codes have huge mark ups, don't know if they will start selling wallet codes in rupees. Might be interesting.

Interesting news. I'm also hoping for some favorable pricing. At least currency conversion charges are saved, so a small benefit is already there.

Wallet codes have huge mark ups, don't know if they will start selling wallet codes in rupees. Might be interesting.
yeah I hope we dont need wallet codes if this becomes available with India payement options with debit cards.

G2A is also more accessible now.

Guys

The notice says
"If a package is missing a price in a local currency, people who use that currency will not be able to buy it"

So basically if someone decides not to provide INR availability we can't buy it?

That is correct. Although it is only a reminder to the devs and publishers that they will lose sales if they dont add the new currencies

Guys

The notice says
"If a package is missing a price in a local currency, people who use that currency will not be able to buy it"

So basically if someone decides not to provide INR availability we can't buy it?
Yeah i just read that. It can be a serious issue if steam does not have full control over the listings!

That is correct. Although it is only a reminder to the devs and publishers that they will lose sales if they dont add the new currencies

true, lets hope they care enough about a few Indian region sales to bother keeping stuff updated, because as we all know the Indian gaming market isn't the biggest and the PC sub market despite being massive doesn't spend too much online. hopefully this goes a long way in changing that, but at the same time they need to take the first step.

I can guarantee you it's bigger than the Indonesian/Philippines market. If they can have regional prices for all games, so should we. But yeah, fingers crossed.

Back