Stereo computer speakers

rajil.s

Adept
I am using Raspberry Pi (RPi) for watching TV. The RPi has a stereo 3.5mm jack and I have USB powered speakers connected to it but the sound volume is quite low.

Can somebody suggest a Mains powered stereo speaker which is loud enough?

Too broad. You may want to mention budget, room size, use case etc.

All mains powered speakers should be loud enough. My F&D A111U 2.1 are loud enough for me at 16% volume.

You haven't mentioned the budget. You could look at Swans powered speakers, they have both 2.1 and 2.0 bookshelf speakers. I had the D1080 few years back, which I used for the PC, movies and watching TV.

OT: Using the Pi for watching TV how? Kodi?

I am using Raspberry Pi (RPi) for watching TV. The RPi has a stereo 3.5mm jack and I have USB powered speakers connected to it but the sound volume is quite low.

Can somebody suggest a Mains powered stereo speaker which is loud enough?

Any decent 2.1 speaker should do the trick.

However, if you want to run the speakers over 5V - look at the F&D 200 - this is a soundbar. Works pretty OK.

Optionally, DIY with a PAM8403 amp, this should also be nearly the same as the F&D200.

OT: Using the Pi for watching TV how? Kodi?

Yes, using MythTV.

Any decent 2.1 speaker should do the trick.

However, if you want to run the speakers over 5V - look at the F&D 200 - this is a soundbar. Works pretty OK.

Optionally, DIY with a PAM8403 amp, this should also be nearly the same as the F&D200.

Thanks I have bought the F&D A111U speaker for now and will check if it is loud enough.

Back