Audio Stereo Setup for 40-50k

hate to barge in here but I was wondering...

what if one wants to listen to music but be able to use the same music system to watch tv too....you know by switching to tv using the amp....in that case how do you go about using an amp and a receiver to get great music quality?
Zensor 1 or 3 sound the best to me. As for an avr, decide what your priorities are. If it is music, you are better served by a stereo amp. If it is movies, get a receiver. Do be aware though that receivers sound horrible for music.

^^Isn't the headphone amp in Bluetooth Receiver will screw up things? Or your bluetooth receiver has line out only without amp? What's the make and model number of that?
Unfortunately my TV doesn't have RCA out.

hate to barge in here but I was wondering...

what if one wants to listen to music but be able to use the same music system to watch tv too....you know by switching to tv using the amp....in that case how do you go about using an amp and a receiver to get great music quality?

Some stereo amps and preamps have an HT bypass option. Connect the receiver's preouts to the inputs of the HT Bypass input of the stereo amp and then you can control the volume from the receiver. You'll need to adjust levels since gain might not be the same in the amp section of the receiver and the stereo amp/preamp.

In case there is no HT bypass, you'll need two pairs of speaker cables and a switcher to manually switch between the two.

Some stereo amps and preamps have an HT bypass option. Connect the receiver's preouts to the inputs of the HT Bypass input of the stereo amp and then you can control the volume from the receiver. You'll need to adjust levels since gain might not be the same in the amp section of the receiver and the stereo amp/preamp.

In case there is no HT bypass, you'll need two pairs of speaker cables and a switcher to manually switch between the two.
Thanks, I have a Pioneer amp from the HPM series of the 80's... No HT bypass option afaik, but Ill check it out first.

How is Cambridge Audio Minx Xi? I think it's available for around 38k. It has USB input, bluetooth, wifi, network and 2x40w amp.
Anyone has any experience with it?

What's there inside big amps like Marantz PM5005 which is also 2x45w because this CA seems to fit a DAC + Amp + other stuff as well in much smaller body?
Also CA has a toroidal transformer while marantz seems to use EI core.

How is Cambridge Audio Minx Xi? I think it's available for around 38k. It has USB input, bluetooth, wifi, network and 2x40w amp.

What's there inside big amps like Marantz PM5005 which is also 2x45w because this CA seems to fit a DAC + Amp + other stuff as well in much smaller body?
Class D vs Class AB. The latter will almost always be bigger and will sound better.

Thanks. So CA minx xi is not worth it? What's your opinion?

I'd have picked up PM5005 but still confused with the source option.

the price for minx xi is too low to be true...it should cost double that of the Marantz

Minx is Class A/B, excellent choice Parv !
Are you clarifying that Minx is Class A/B?
If you meant excellent choice by my purchase of Marantz NR1506 and Dali Zensor 1, then thanks :)

the price for minx xi is too low to be true...it should cost double that of the Marantz
Yeah, that's the price, 38k. And double of which Marantz?

Is it available in india now..?
If I'm not wrong thats the version with wifi, bluetooth etc..
how much does it cost...?
and does it have enough power to drive the speakers?

Yes, that's latest release. It has 5.2 channel, with Bluetooth, WiFi, Airplay, Spotify etc. built-in.
I can't say if the power is enough or not as I have only Dali Zensor 1 as fronts right now.

Back