Linux Stop saying that the linux desktop looks bad!!!

hello
hey man i m new 2 dis place ..............
u look 2 b quit a bliever of linux can u help me few things ........
i m using RHEL5 linux n doin rhce..........
i wud like 2 make a project on linux .........
can u or nybdy help me have a simple project without using codin as i dont knw 2 much of codin...........

LinuX desktop looks good espcially with this 1 winter wallpaper on the desktop... I think its the default desktop pic. When ya get that keep it... tHe wall paper will look nice

Who says Linux Desktop looks bad???
:)

^^ No performance drop, if you have 256+ Mb of Ram :) and it depends on Desktop Environment too..Here is a short explanation of Memory /CPu usage with compiz :) Compiz= Desktop Effects that you are seeing .. the other mentioned are the Desktop Environment :) Compz + XFCE < Compiz + Gnome < Compiz + KDE

Note: Those SS are posted when I was on 256 Mb Ram and Onboard GPU [though I still have same MB :mad:] .. Also new compiz fusion is much better than older 1 . So if you still have doubts check compiz fusion 0.7x series :)

For newer SS check this :) http://www.techenclave.com/graphics-and-eyecandy/the-desktop-thread-97530.html

Dark Star said:
^^ No performance drop, if you have 256+ Mb of Ram :) and it depends on Desktop Environment too..Here is a short explanation of Memory /CPu usage with compiz :) Compiz= Desktop Effects that you are seeing .. the other mentioned are the Desktop Environment :) Compz + XFCE < Compiz + Gnome < Compiz + KDE

Note: Those SS are posted when I was on 256 Mb Ram and Onboard GPU [though I still have same MB :mad:] .. Also new compiz fusion is much better than older 1 . So if you still have doubts check compiz fusion 0.7x series :)

For newer SS check this :) http://www.techenclave.com/graphics-and-eyecandy/the-desktop-thread-97530.html
Thanks for the info... + 1 Rep

i dont think i need to show u compiz.. Dark Star has shown it all.. btw here are some screenlets & uTorrent running.
Screenlets | uTorrent |
1.2Mb JPEG|1.2Mb PNG

^^WHy are you using Utorrent ? Isn't transmission and deluge satisfy your need ? openSUSE comes with Monsoon Bit Torrent Client .. try that too :)

Which GPU Screenlet is that ?

Back