Budget 31-40k Storage Mountain

Guys. As of now RAID\Data Mirroring is not a priority. Coz

1. I dont have the money to spend on fresh HDD's of 20~24 HDD :(
2. Already have some HDD's with data that i need to plonk in. With different capacities.

2. Already have some HDD's with data that i need to plonk in. With different capacities.
For storage spaces the drives doesn't need to be of same size you can mix & match drives of any size and any type Internal HDD,SSD, External HDD etc, but before adding the drives to storage spaces Windows will format them that may be a problem in your case[DOUBLEPOST=1371052540][/DOUBLEPOST]One thing is for sure, research well before you finalize a solution, If you don't need Raid/Data Mirroring the best thing would be to leave the drives as it is.

Windows Server is not required for Storage Spaces, Its available in Windows 8.

I for sure need RAID, because i know how it feels to lose data as i lost my 3 years of works done as freelancer, My Personal information like College Photos, Family Photos etc which you can't get back once lost.

So i use RAID and on top of this i Backup my personal irreplaceable content to Crashplan

And one other feature of Windows 8 most people don't know is Hyper-V, with which you can create Virtual Machines like VMWare Workstation

I assumed that he would use the Windows Storage Server SKU. He could use the basic Windows 8, but it would have extra overheads which he may not use. As for Hyper-V, this is OT. I don't think he is going to use it.[DOUBLEPOST=1371063893][/DOUBLEPOST]

My point exactly. You do not need RAID. He was going OT.

Back