PC Peripherals ~Strange~ problem with keyboard

Mar 18, 2005
I just set up a new system with Asus A8N-e board and my old TVS Gold(mechanical) keyboard.

Everything worked fine but the keyboard never worked(I'm a using a normal-to-PS/2 convertor for connecting keyboard). Whenever I boot the system all three light in keyboard(caps, numlock, scrolllock) blink twice and then ...nothing.

Now the stranger part of the problm is....whenever I keep my cabinet tilted sideways and supported on a *pillow*, the keyboard workes fine!!!!! This is no conincidence. I tried it at least 3 times - doesn't work normally, works with pillow!

Can anyone think of a believable explanation?

superczar

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Only one explanation...the Keyboard connector edge is frayed, and when you tilt the cabby, the resulting bend on the connector edge completes the circuit...

Mar 18, 2005
IceFusion said:
you are using a normal to ps2 right... just use the other ps2 port, and put the mouse in USB...

I thoght the ports were specific to keyboard or mouse. So I can use a keyboard though a mouse ps/2 port??
Anyways, I don't have a usb mouse(yet)..:(

Mar 18, 2005
lord_nemesis said:
use the pillow...:rofl:

try if you can get a PS/2 to USB converter.

I didn't knew something like that exists. Anyways, won't a usb keyboard have problems while working with BOIS or DOS?

Stick said:
You keyboard requires Aaram (rest) for CPU !

You know, this is what bowls me out. I mean, you won't beleive me, but this keyboard doesn't work with every pillow, but a particular soft one :) I am not joking. I have done regression tests on this.:D