PC Peripherals ~Strange~ problem with keyboard

I just set up a new system with Asus A8N-e board and my old TVS Gold(mechanical) keyboard.

Everything worked fine but the keyboard never worked(I'm a using a normal-to-PS/2 convertor for connecting keyboard). Whenever I boot the system all three light in keyboard(caps, numlock, scrolllock) blink twice and then ...nothing.

Now the stranger part of the problm is....whenever I keep my cabinet tilted sideways and supported on a *pillow*, the keyboard workes fine!!!!! This is no conincidence. I tried it at least 3 times - doesn't work normally, works with pillow!

Can anyone think of a believable explanation?

Only one explanation...the Keyboard connector edge is frayed, and when you tilt the cabby, the resulting bend on the connector edge completes the circuit...

IceFusion said:
you are using a normal to ps2 right... just use the other ps2 port, and put the mouse in USB...

I thoght the ports were specific to keyboard or mouse. So I can use a keyboard though a mouse ps/2 port??
Anyways, I don't have a usb mouse(yet)..:(

lord_nemesis said:
use the pillow...:rofl:

try if you can get a PS/2 to USB converter.

I didn't knew something like that exists. Anyways, won't a usb keyboard have problems while working with BOIS or DOS?

Stick said:
You keyboard requires Aaram (rest) for CPU !

You know, this is what bowls me out. I mean, you won't beleive me, but this keyboard doesn't work with every pillow, but a particular soft one :) I am not joking. I have done regression tests on this.:D

Back