Stretching Exercise ?

@DS :

looks like you are overdoing the treadmill exercise. When your knees / calf are aching after exercises there can be multiple problems.

Firstly your style of jogging on treadmill can be wrong, meaning that you are thrusting your legs on to the running matt forcefully. You should be gliding in air not jumping and dumping.

Secondly your shoes can be a problem too. Get a good quality running shoes.

Thirdly with previous incident your knee menisci can be overworked.

Fourthly during exercises you can be drinking less fluids, which is causing sodium - potassium imbalance and will cause your calfs to pain.

So you must ( I repeat your MUST), consult an orthopedician first, and then also to a good physiothrapist.

And when your new trainer staff joins politely but firmly ask for their educational qualification certificates to see and also instruct Gym owner to display them publicly.

Afaik very few gyms have good, qualified, interested trainers employed fulltime.

Being a physiotherapist is not enough, having trained in sports / workout related injuries is necessary.

Thanks a lot medpal sir :)....

1. Well I don't know much proper way of running but I try to stretch my legs gliding style as much as I can @ higher speed.. when I jogging @ 9-10 I don't do that..

2. I have good quality shoes specifically brought from Reebok for running..

3. What kind of drink should I take.. I don't like the water provided by gym.. Should I carry a bottle with Glucon D ? or some other drink ?

4. Surely will ask abt qualification and will surely consult a orthopaedic asap :)

^Take your own water bottle, don't let your body dehydrate.

What kind of water does your gym provides :p ?

Glucose + Electral is a nice combo - a cheap substitute to Gatorade !

Use it on my long cycling trips / treks for hydration. Else Tang does it for me !

Dark Star said:
^^Unfiltered taken from hand pump outside :lol:

Er.. well I go to an army gym(dad was in the army) and it's free!! :eek:hyeah:
But anyway thats not the point. Every one faces such pains in the beginning. I once weighed 103 kg's and now i weigh 67 kg's this took me about 10 months to achieve and I stated by just walking and cutting down on the food. I have started gyming only about 3 months ago and till now i used to exercise at home only.

If you are already fit and wish to develop a good body then you should have a glass of proteinx 30 mins before you hit the gym and an apple 30 mins after the gym. While in the gym you can sip plain water(carry your own) at regular intervals.. but be sure it is in small quantities. If your workout is heavily cardio based and if you can afford then carry gatorade or else glucose.
Cheers. :hap2:

Back