Budget 41-50k Study/ Office laptop - Portable - bit of fun won't be minded :)

satadru_das

Recruit
Hello all,

As per my current situation ( early career) I won't be able to settle anywhere for longer time hence need a device which is very portable. Mostly for studying/ research/ coding/ multimedia. Should have good built quality, good battery, good screen, can use anywhere, lightweight. Won't mind upgradable options like less ram, less storage - I can manage them.

I know including gaming options will destroy the purpose of the above requirement however recently Intel Xe graphics are stuff are introduced so if there is any suggestion including these would be also very helpful. ( Obviously light gaming, fun that's it)

Budget as prefixed however also wanted opinion if getting a second hand macbook air (maybe non M1) close to that budget will be VFM. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

My bad about the previous message, didn't notice the budget in the title.

Yes, 12th gen i5 will let you play quite a few games. Not the latest AAA titles of course, but anything 3-4 years old should be playable at 30+ FPS on FHD low to medium quality.

You can even consider Ryzen 5500U bases laptop, which will give similar gaming performance and better battery life. My recommendation however would be i5 1235U or 1240P based laptop.

Check what models are available in your budget. Try to get something in which you can use 16 GB dual channel RAM. That will boost FPS by another 5-6% as compared to single channel.

Last edited:
If you don't mind the wait time, this is a pretty nice deal. Configure it with IPS display, USB C charging, wifi 6 and 1TB HDD without SSD. Then add a 500GB SSD and 8 GB RAM on your own.
You end up with a PC with solid specs for less than 50k. The downside is the waiting time and upgrading on your own.

Or just look for a laptop with i3 or i5 12th gen, preferably P series (i5-1240P>i3-1220P>i5-1235U>i31215U). Or AMD 5600U/5600H and above. 5500U uses Zen 2 cores while everything above uses Zen 3 cores which makes a pretty big difference.

Thankyou for recommending.

The 4 weeks of delivery time you mean?
Yep. I think it goes to 6 weeks after you add USB C charging as well.
Asus vivobook 14 : probably the most vfm within the budget if waiting that long seems silly. Touch screen version costs 2k more I think. Product Page.
If you can spend 10k more, you get i5-1240P and an RTX2050: https://amzn.eu/d/7C1eoWE

And welcs man, good luck with your search.

If you are on a budget, check out the MSI Modern 14 with Ryzen 5500U processor. On Flipkart, there is a variant with 512GB SSD. Amazon has a variant with 256 GB SSD.

It has empty extra slot for RAM and NVMe SSD can be upgraded.

@gourav @mm_ @rajneeshrana @hotshot05 - I was exploring options when came across Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3, Core i5, 11th Gen, 4GB NVIDIA RTX 3050/120Hz which usually sells for 65-67k but in deals drops till 54k + card offers as applicable. Will it be a good option considering the budget and compromising on the weight & battery? I am considering this because it feels to be on a sweet spot. Any advices/ suggestions much appreciated :)

@gourav @mm_ @rajneeshrana @hotshot05 - I was exploring options when came across Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3, Core i5, 11th Gen, 4GB NVIDIA RTX 3050/120Hz which usually sells for 65-67k but in deals drops till 54k + card offers as applicable. Will it be a good option considering the budget and compromising on the weight & battery? I am considering this because it feels to be on a sweet spot. Any advices/ suggestions much appreciated :)
If you can grab it in a deal, it would be an amazing option. The battery life and lightweight are thrown out the window once you introduce terms like gaming and a dedicated GPU.

May I know what games do you play/will be playing? A 3050 will be sufficient to run heavy AAA games @ 60 fps and eSports titles @ 120+ fps.

For that price that's defo a really nice deal. But be prepared for horrendous battery life as @rahul2k says - 120hz display, H series 11th gen, dedicated GPU. If you're someone who needs to do a lot of work on the go then it's probably not the best. Nice vfm otherwise.

May I know what games do you play/will be playing? A 3050 will be sufficient to run heavy AAA games @ 60 fps and eSports titles @ 120+ fps.
I play to play racing games like FH5, Assetto Corsa w/ mods then MS Flight Simulator...probably bunch of Story based AAA titles or Sony titles...not towards esports...No consoles because it's own limitations + need laptop to work on. :)

For that price that's defo a really nice deal. But be prepared for horrendous battery life as @rahul2k says - 120hz display, H series 11th gen, dedicated GPU. If you're someone who needs to do a lot of work on the go then it's probably not the best. Nice vfm otherwise.
Yea, can reconsider the battery life for the pros I am getting <3

Back