Sub 35K Laptop

@Superczar --- Yeah... In the mobile market, Intel rules. No doubt abt that. and doesnt look like it is going to change after seeing the Centrino DUo.

Alright so far I have looked for only acer laptops in noida. I might go to nehru place, delhi on Switch's recommendation.

The deal that I am getting is 41K for...
http://www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/aspire3003.html
With 512MB RAM

And this for 45K...
http://www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/tm4060.html
with 512MB RAM

Of course the second one is head and shoulders above the first one but the first one has a DVD-RW and the crystal-bright screen. :juggle:

I want a DVD-RW and bright screen :bounce: .... :( :sos:

I'd still suggest the Dothan Celeron/Pentium-Ms over the Mobile AMD line

There is a rather noticeable Battery consumption/Power disipation difference between the two...

(I guess you don't want ur vital organs to get fried ;) )

Actually, since u r at it, why don't u check out some of the Samsung models(I dunno much about the build quality etc. but what i do know is that they have a 3 yr warranaty + dea;ers will give you huge discounts over thelist price on samsungs)

As for the 2 deals on acer you got at your place, the 4060 has a 4 celled battery and as stated wod give you the battery back up of 2 hrs which is the same as the 3003 with the 8 celled battery. yes, the centrinos are good, with even bigger battery life but they do come at a price. even a basic centrino laptop with no frills doesnt come in the budget. 3003 seems a ideal buy in your case. if you get it from the metros it would be even cheaper.

even a basic centrino laptop with no frills doesnt come in the budget.

nopes:

IBM R51- Centrino 725, 256MB, 40GB - ~42K

Add another 512MB for 3K to make it 768 znd it is still within budget

Compaq V2356- ~44-45K, Centrino 725, Ultra bright Widescreen, 256MB, 40GB ~2.25 Kg weight also sweet Altec Lansing internal speakers (Used to come with JBL Pro earleir)

Still within budget

Both run around 3.5-4hrs on the standard battery that comes with them

hey mate, how are those two models costing 42k and 45k within the sub 40k budget. i said what you quoted for a sub40k budget of Renegade. aspire 3300+ another 256mb ram is still sub 40k in Mumbai.

There's also a Celeron M R51 for 35K :p

As for whay a Celeron-M is good, I have tried explaining that in the same thread a lil earlier :p

I dont want to buy another laptop within just year so I thought it would be prudent to extend a budget a bit if the situation demands it.

The extra 256MB has been quoted to me for 2500/-

Back