Submersible Pump for home use suggestion

Finally done with everything and here is what I got.
Lubi LDS-10H/14 Rainbow-PS Series 1.5 hp 14 stage Oiled filled pump
Ashirvad 4 inch 6kg pipes also inner pipes from Ashirvad as well (I had an option to select from Ashirvad, Supreme, Astral and everyone suggested to go with Ashirvad)
Crompton 2.5mm wire
+ Extra

The bore was done till 200ft and motor was set at 150ft, We got water at 90ft and got sand till 185ft. The contractor advice to bore till we keep getting sand so we bore 15ft extra and drilled pipes till 190ft.
Charges - 55k (12k for labour+Rest for Material)

Thankfully I listed to the contractor advice and choose Lubi pump and wow this one is awesome, the boring close to my house uses Crompton motor and when I compared the pressure side by side the water pressure is double
Can you post some pics of the pump and it’s wiring? Does it run on same house meter or needs separate electricity meter? Runs on single phase or needs 3 phase connection?

Thanks!

Ashirvad 4 inch 6kg pipes also inner pipes from Ashirvad as well (I had an option to select from Ashirvad, Supreme, Astral and everyone suggested to go with Ashirvad)
Crompton 2.5mm wire
+ Extra

The bore was done till 200ft and motor was set at 150ft, We got water at 90ft and got sand till 185ft. The contractor advice to bore till we keep getting sand so we bore 15ft extra and drilled pipes till 190ft.

Thankfully I listed to the contractor advice and choose Lubi pump and wow this one is awesome, the boring close to my house uses Crompton motor and when I compared the pressure side by side the water pressure is double
Man, drilling in plains is so cheap. It cost me 1.5L to get drilled till 250ft, because we have rocky soil here in the hills.

Can you post some pics of the pump and it’s wiring? Does it run on same house meter or needs separate electricity meter? Runs on single phase or needs 3 phase connection?

Thanks!
Not possible to post pics as its already inside the bore though I can post pic of the pressure on ground level which is 150ft from pump. I am told to run the pump for 6~7 hours before water is clean. Its a single Phase motor that run normally on home electric meter
Man, drilling in plains is so cheap. It cost me 1.5L to get drilled till 250ft, because we have rocky soil here in the hills.
Yes I was talking to the contractor and asked why not buy a mini drilling machine to reduce manual labor and he told we don't need them, People drill with hands upto 300ft but that would cost around 1.5L (Material included). Manual labor is still cheap compared to machine also they would have to invest 3.5L for a mini machine. I hope you paid 1.5L that include material too or is it just the drilling cost?

PHOTO_20211014_155311.jpg

Last edited:
1.5L was just the drilling cost and the outer pipes. I know now, that any work done under govt subsidy schemes is usually already overpriced. But I had enquired elsewhere as well and the price for same from everyone in my area. I saw that it cost them nearly 30k, just in diesel costs and it also took them the whole day, even with the machine because of the rocky soil we have. And the total work was done by a team of nearly 10 people, so it was a costly affair for the contractor as well. I got 50% susbsidy from govt.

1.5L was just the drilling cost and the outer pipes. I know now, that any work done under govt subsidy schemes is usually already overpriced. But I had enquired elsewhere as well and the price for same from everyone in my area. I saw that it cost them nearly 30k, just in diesel costs and it also took them the whole day, even with the machine because of the rocky soil we have. And the total work was done by a team of nearly 10 people, so it was a costly affair for the contractor as well. I got 50% susbsidy from govt.
Then i guess it was justified, in my case they used around 10L of diesel with a team of 6 people for couple of days. He told me that if for some reason they can't complete work in 2 days they will be in loss on 3rd day, I doubt but thats what he told me.

Crompton 2.5mm wire
+ Extra

Why oil filled motor ? HMM .. Oil filled motors are cheaper but they do not last . They depend on the oil to be lubricated . If there is a seal damage the oil leaks out and motor knocks off .

Why oil filled motor ? HMM .. Oil filled motors are cheaper but they do not last . They depend on the oil to be lubricated . If there is a seal damage the oil leaks out and motor knocks off .
There wasn't much of a difference in the price (just 1500 additional) but he convinced me that technology have evolved and from his experience these motors last long if used with proper care and considering my usage it will be used max 10min per day so it would last long. Also the fact Oiled filled motors are easier to repair if it comes to that.
My thinking was if in-case the pump go bad then its not that I can take pump for repair, it has to be done by plumber so why not go with the one which he is recommending and vouching for it.

There wasn't much of a difference in the price (just 1500 additional) but he convinced me that technology have evolved and from his experience these motors last long if used with proper care and considering my usage it will be used max 10min per day so it would last long. Also the fact Oiled filled motors are easier to repair if it comes to that.
My thinking was if in-case the pump go bad then its not that I can take pump for repair, it has to be done by plumber so why not go with the one which he is recommending and vouching for it.
The guy took you for a ride . Oil filled motors are difficult to repair compared to water filled . Oil filled motors have less starting torque and most of them are made in china .Oil filled are typically 3000 rupees cheaper . Probably the plumber got his margin off the motor . Why did he recommend Ashirvad over hdpe hose ?HDPE is easier , cheaper to install than coloumn pipes and since your borewell has casing there should be no issues .

The guy took you for a ride . Oil filled motors are difficult to repair compared to water filled . Oil filled motors have less starting torque and most of them are made in china .Oil filled are typically 3000 rupees cheaper . Probably the plumber got his margin off the motor . Why did he recommend Ashirvad over hdpe hose ?HDPE is easier , cheaper to install than coloumn pipes and since your borewell has casing there should be no issues .
I am sure he got his share from the dealer but when I visited local market and took quote from the same parts (Different motor though) they were all costlier than what he offered so from my prospective I got a better deal, There maybe compromises about pump but end result is great and we can just think everything workout.
I had a chat with another contractor and he asked 70k for the same so saved 15k

Anyone know if there is a service that can provide full installation service for boring if paid online. My brother was contacted by a guy who told that there is a place where they need boring and the cost would be 45k. We are ready to pay for a good cause but can't trust him blindly so if there is a service that can do everything on site (another city) if paid online.
I can order pump from amazon but no option to order those long pipes, Is there a website where I can do that?

Back