Successfully flashed my new XBOX 360 (Jasper)

Well...I took a gamble and flashed it myself. Took a while (2 hours) cause I wanted to be extra careful...but ultimately did it.

As expected, it was a lite-on, so had to get the key first and then flash it with a hacked firmware. Any small messup would have meant my xbox wouldnt be worth jack as has almost nothing worth selling :)

Now I am playing a backup of the game it came with without any problems :)

Harpy.eagle said:
thats amazing. Congrates for the successful experiment.
What was the total cost of modding then?

Total cost :

1. VT6421 = Rs. 600/-
2. CK3+Probe = Rs. 2700/- (including shipping and nonsense)
3. Torx Screwdriver set = Rs. 65/-
4. The thrill of finally being able to mod my xbox 360 myself = PRICELESS :)

dharmilstar said:
did you mod after the NXE update or before? also is live working after modding?

I modded it last night and when I connected to to my LAN this morning it showed me an update. I didnt install it but I am quite sure it should not cause any problems.

I will let you know once I update tonite.

jerin said:
@xtr..

ay mate....long time back.... :).....

you tried live???....

Havent tried live yet. Will have to try, I have only modded last nite and was shitting in my pants :bleh: and it was 3:30 AM by the time I finished with everything like checking with original media and then backup DVD :eek:hyeah:

Now I will do all the checking and I have 3 months Gold coupons to be redeemed so yeah, I am going to check live too :hap2:

Which Dual layer media did you use for backing up those DVD's?

I've heard that the modded 360 has larger compatibility with Verbatim Dual Layer media. Is that true?

xtr.pwnzor said:
i dont think it would void warranty..since its a soft mod
I am not sure if that is the case.

It had 3 stickers

1. First sticker is found right behind the front side faceplate. And right in the middle of it. This I could safely remove and kept it aside so that I can stick it back on if required.
2. This is a semi metallic sticker that sticks to the DVD drive AND the body. This again, I think I did a good job of removing properly.

3. The third one was a real b1tch and there was much I could do about it. It was a paper sticker stick to, the plate under the DVD drive and teh rest of the body to prevent the opening of the drive. This one I couldnt salvage. Unless I find and put a similar sticker there, I think my warranty 'might' be void.

Seeking expert opinions from esteemed board members :)

so we may conclude that Warranty is void. But what about xbox live ? Are they banned you while playing legit as well as backed up game online ?

satyanjoy said:
so we may conclude that Warranty is void. But what about xbox live ? Are they banned you while playing legit as well as backed up game online ?

I didn't go online with a backup as I am not fully sure it woul dbe good idea unless I stealth path my backups :) I am going online only with the originals so far.

To test the theory, I eithr have to stealth patch it or download one prepatched off the net and try.

Quite frankly, its like trying not to get pregnant. The only way you can be 100% sure is NOT TO DO THE DEED itself ;) Any other safety precaution can only reduce the chances but doesnt completely eliminate the possibility :eek:hyeah:

spacenoxx said:
... I am going online only with the originals so far.
To test the theory, I eithr have to stealth patch it or download one prepatched off the net and try.
Are you online with originals or yet be done that ?

What is this stealth patch ?

Back