Successfully flashed my new XBOX 360 (Jasper)

satyanjoy said:
Are you online with originals or yet be done that ?

What is this stealth patch ?

I havent played online much yet. I am still not that good to go play online. Still getting used to the controller. I did go online to play once but with the original, not a backup. Even though I patched my xbox with the latest firmware which is known to be pretty safe, I would like to play safe an see how it goes. If there is a game I absolutely love, I will go buy that, (if I dont already own one) from a source who has good scratched disc replacement policy.

There is some data on an original disc called 'Security Sector' which is kind of a 'Genuine Disc' signature file(s). If you try and backup your disc, you will be able to copy most data but not this signature. So far only 2 drives are known to be able to extract the Security Sector (SS, PFI, DMI) from a game disc without opening up your DVD drive and they are:

1. An Xbox 360 SAMSUNG drive (xbox can come with a SAMSUNG, LITEON, BENQ drives, but only a SAMSUNG drive can correctly extract the security sector)

2. A Kreon PC DVD drive.

Since I dont have either, I did the hard way of opening my DVD drive so that I can HOTSWAP the discs to read the original DISC and stealth patch it (your drive still cannot read the SS/PFI/DMI files) with the the SS files I downloaded from the net for the game.

I could have simply downloaded a prepatched game from any of the torrent sites, as it would have been far easier but I really wanted to know the process. Similar to the fact that I could have bought a premodded Xbox instead of modding it myself as not only it turns out to be almost as expensive but also invloves taking a HUGE risk of bricking my XBox.

Modding your own xbox or trying to make your own backup is not something I would recommend to everyone. Do it only if you are fully aware of the risks involved.

I also have bought a 360 from the US and much to my dismay I have only now realized that I need extra hardware to mod/flash it...

I have removed the first 2 stickers using hair blower!

Could anyone please let me know where I could get the ck3pro + probe bundle from?

Thanks a lot for any possible help

^^^^

The what??...

you just need a compass and a very small flat head screw driver and a T10 ... all like 50 bucks...

and a VT6421 SATA card..thats like 600 bucks or so...

and the heat blower that is pointless... no use man... if they check it they will know..or they dont check ...

Brother, The hair blower worked great... check out the videos on youtube... all my warranty stickers are perfect without any marks on them INTACT!!!

once i have opened my xbox 360 i was told i need a xecuter connectivity kit to dump the dvd drives key so that i can flash it... Im talking about a lite on DG-16D2S model... am i wrong?

Any help please... am desperate...

...one more thing, I bought the xbox from the states and needed a step down converter... bought a 750watts one for Rs.2000... did i pay too much?

Thanks in advance

I have a 360 (softmodded samsung drive) with RROD, what if i buy a new 360 and replace the new dvd drive with the old samsung drive will there be any problem ? Will i be able to play backup games still ?

techmaster said:
I have a 360 (softmodded samsung drive) with RROD, what if i buy a new 360 and replace the new dvd drive with the old samsung drive will there be any problem ? Will i be able to play backup games still ?

u just cant swap drives so easily u need to match the key of the motherboard before u flash, there are tons of guides on the net google it.

Back