Sugar/Artificial Sugar

While fruits offer valuable micronutrients, juicing concentrates the natural sugars and removes the fiber that helps regulate blood sugar spikes. Eating whole fruits provides both the vitamins and minerals you need and fiber for a balanced effect.

For a healthy diet, most experts recommend a balanced approach. The block-based diet mentioned on the CrossFit forums can be a helpful starting point – it's known for being easy to understand.

There are high and low glycemic index (GI) options within carbohydrates. Low GI carbs, found mostly in unprocessed foods, are generally preferred as they cause a slower rise in blood sugar.

A regular person who uses carbs for his daily energy needs is on his way to insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.

The body doesn't particularly like carbs. It can store and manage only a small amount. Any excess you feed it gets converted to fat and stored (at a huge cost and most of the time in the wrong parts).
Everything is harmful when more is ingested compared to requirement.
Please let me know which of the following according to you is not true:

1. Carbs in diet are either utilized immediately (floating blood glucose utilized immediately by cells for energy purpose)
2. Extra Blood glucose gets converted to glycogen (in muscles and liver) and stored for later demands - these storage bins (muscles and liver) have limited storage
3. Remaining Excess Blood glucose gets converted to fats for mainly long-term storage - this storage has no practical limits and happens all over the body (subcutaneous, intramuscular as well as visceral)

4. Fats in diet get broken down into fatty acids in blood and are either used by cells for energy purpose
5. Remaining fatty acids gets stored at various places all over the body as charbi

6. Proteins in the diet get broken down into amino acids pool (via blood plasma)
7. Dead cells in the body release their amino acids via autophagy into the amino acids pool
8. Protein requirement of the body (new cells creation or old cells maintenance) is taken care by this pool
9. Excess amino acids from the pool get converted into fatty acids and glucose (which also ends up as fatty acid), and thus stored as lard on our bodies

Ultimately, whether you ingest sucrose (junk food diet), fats (keto diet), proteins (carnivorous diet) - any macro nutrient in excess gets converted into fat and stored.
If the fat storage is mostly subcutaneous, people will mock your looks but thank goodness your organs will stay OK. If the fat storage is visceral, then god bless you, since fat deposits above certain genetic limits at each organ causes inflammatory reactions - leading to most lifestyle disorders like diabetes, coronary vascular issues, etc.

Last edited:
If the fat storage is visceral, then god bless you, since fat deposits above certain genetic limits at each organ causes inflammatory reactions - leading to most lifestyle disorders like diabetes, coronary vascular issues, etc.
Well said. Just to add a bit: Over time, chronic inflammation can cause DNA damage and lead to cancer.

Everything is harmful when more is ingested compared to requirement.
Please let me know which of the following according to you is not true:

1. Carbs in diet are either utilized immediately (floating blood glucose utilized immediately by cells for energy purpose)
2. Extra Blood glucose gets converted to glycogen (in muscles and liver) and stored for later demands - these storage bins (muscles and liver) have limited storage
3. Remaining Excess Blood glucose gets converted to fats for mainly long-term storage - this storage has no practical limits and happens all over the body (subcutaneous, intramuscular as well as visceral)
4. Fats in diet get broken down into fatty acids in blood and are either used by cells for energy purpose
5. Remaining gets stored at various places all over the body
6. Proteins in the diet get broken down into amino acids pool (via blood plasma)
7. Dead cells in the body release their amino acids via autophagy into the amino acids pool
8. Protein requirement of the body (new cells creation or old cells maintenance) is taken care by this pool
9. Excess amino acids from the pool get converted into fatty acids and glucose (which also ends up as fatty acid), and thus stored as lard on our bodies

Ultimately, whether you ingest sucrose (junk food diet), fats (keto diet), proteins (carnivorous diet) - any macro nutrient in excess gets converted into fat and stored.
If the fat storage is mostly subcutaneous, people will mock your looks but thank goodness your organs will stay OK. If the fat storage is visceral, then god bless you, since fat deposits above certain genetic limits at each organ causes inflammatory reactions - leading to most lifestyle disorders like diabetes, coronary vascular issues, etc.
Are you a vegetarian (with a few extras like eggs/fish)? Or an omnivore?

Last edited:
I was on the hunt for an artificial sweetener to replace sugar in my filter coffee. I didn't want to get chemical based sweeteners. So, I came across something called Monkfruit based sweetener. When tasing it back to back with regular sugar, it had the same texture, 90% similar sweetness to regular sugar, which is of importance to me. It contained monkfruit extract and erythritol, the latter being more in quantity.

But then when it came to making filter coffee with that, the taste of coffee changed. I'm someone who prefers the original taste. So, that was the first and last time I used artificial sweeteners. Also, I usually don't put sugars while cooking. Went back to regular sugar

@valar007
Unfortunately I saw this after I purchased the sweetener. Glad I used it only once. On reddit, pleople were saying monk fruit sweeteners are 98% erythritol and 2% monk fruit extract.

After digging a little deeper, I found people getting pure monk fruit extract and then using it directly. But to get the same sweetness as sugar,you need to use a higher quantity. Also, there are no reliable ways to get pure monk fruit extract and theycan have impurities like plastics

To anyone still in doubt, which one will you prefer if you don't have time for a meal

- A glass of fruit juice with about 25 gms of sugar
- A bowl of soup with 11 gms of butter

Both will give you about 100 Cal.

Well said. Just to add a bit: Over time, chronic inflammation can cause DNA damage and lead to cancer.
Thanks for adding that, I (and most human public) has no idea about the severity of issues caused by fat deposits and inflammation.

Are you a vegetarian (with a few extras like eggs/fish)? Or an omnivore?
Complete omnivore. Can't live without the flavors of red meat, sea food, egg yolks (please, not the overcooked boiled ones), fowl also to some extent.

To anyone still in doubt, which one will you prefer if you don't have time for a meal

- A glass of fruit juice with about 25 gms of sugar
- A bowl of soup with 11 gms of butter

Both will give you about 100 Cal.
Neither.
In civilized setting, we all have the next food available within 24 hours, so we carry on with our work/leisure activities.

Last edited:
Back