Suggest 1.2 V AA NiCd batt for daily use

NI-CD batteries??? complete No. It has memory effect. More over it does not have longer life. Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for clocks, cos these batteries have self discharge properties and the battery would be dry within a week.

Eveready has Ni-CD, but there are other cheaper brands too. But the reliable brands like Sony, Sanyo, Energizer have all shifted to NI-MH batteries. NI-CD also is a big concern of pollution so these good brands dont manufacture it any more.

NI-CD batteries??? complete No. It has memory effect. More over it does not have longer life. Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for clocks, cos these batteries have self discharge properties and the battery would be dry within a week.

Eveready has Ni-CD, but there are other cheaper brands too. But the reliable brands like Sony, Sanyo, Energizer have all shifted to NI-MH batteries. NI-CD also is a big concern of pollution so these good brands dont manufacture it any more.

Thanks Kishore...

I know sanyo eneloop are the best NiMH batt avilable in the market. But are costly as my requirements are different. Which NiMH batt we can buy from ebay or other online stores and are reliable. if we consider eneloop, there are many fake batt came in the market.

If your primary purpose of the battery is to use with Toys or walkman like that then normal NI-MH will do. Sanyo Eneloop batteries are for people who use the batteries rarely.

For daily use Sony NI-MH, Sanyo NI-MH are good. I think it would cost about 250 for a pair. Where are you located, you can get good deals in Ritchee street at Chennai.

If you order online, make sure it is a new stock.

why use expensive rechargeable batteries in remotes and clocks? normal zinc chloride are good enough. the aaa ones i got of eveready worked for around 2 years in my remote. the aa ones in clocks need to be replaced after a year or so but they are cheap at 12 or 14 bucks each.

Back