Monitors Suggest 20" LCD Monitor

plsoft

Adept
Planning to get a 20" LCD Widescreen Monitor (22" too big for me) as my old LG 15" has given up on me. I have set my eyes on Dell 2009W. Is this a good choice? I'm inclined towards dell but other suggestions would be appreciated. Budget is around 12-14k. Thanks all.

I'd suggest the 207WFP instead; both uses the 8bit TN panel;

Dell has not mentioned the price tag of this model and US prices hover around 249$ so seems like it might be close to 14k here;

In case u wish to sacrifice the 4port USB hub [and some Contrast Ratio :p] the 207WFP is a wiser choice at 12k odd; :)

Thanks gannu. As for the price, i have a cousin who works for Dell, so i'm hoping he could get some discount. But quality wise, which one would you suggest?

Nope; not yet released here AFAIK; :)

Its the younger sibling of the SP2208WFP albeit with some minor cosmetic changes; :)

plsoft said:
Thanks gannu. As for the price, i have a cousin who works for Dell, so i'm hoping he could get some discount. But quality wise, which one would you suggest?

Currently thro Dell's EPP, your cousin can only get a discount of around 1.5k !
And the bill will be in his name, not that it poses a problem during warranty.

thetoxicmind said:
Currently thro Dell's EPP, your cousin can only get a discount of around 1.5k !
And the bill will be in his name, not that it poses a problem during warranty.
Thanks for the info, i'll confirm with him when he wakes up (sleeping rite now).
Just out of curiosity: Say there is a problem with my monitor, how do i go about it? Do i have to disturb my cousin everytime there is a monitor problem?

plsoft said:
Thanks for the info, i'll confirm with him when he wakes up (sleeping rite now).
Just out of curiosity: Say there is a problem with my monitor, how do i go about it? Do i have to disturb my cousin everytime there is a monitor problem?

Like I said,it won't be a problem !
These days,it's the monitor 'serial number' that DELL requires for warranty claim..
Moreover you get a copy of the bill too..

Don't start assuming that the monitor is gonna give problems from day 1 ! ;)

thetoxicmind said:
Like I said,it won't be a problem !
These days,it's the monitor 'serial number' that DELL requires for warranty claim..
Moreover you get a copy of the bill too..

Don't start assuming that the monitor is gonna give problems from day 1 ! ;)

LOL, you can never be too careful, and with electronic goods you never know.
Thanks for info again.

Just called up Dell, they don't have the 2009W model :( . Now m really confused :S . Any good model from Samsung and LG? Else i'm looking at 1908WFP or SP2008WFP.

plsoft said:
Just called up Dell, they don't have the 2009W model :( . Now m really confused :S . Any good model from Samsung and LG? Else i'm looking at 1908WFP or SP2008WFP.

Are you that keen on getting an 19" or 20" ultrasharp?
just get the Dell E198WFP ! great VFM !
the panels are the same except for the 4 usb ports & the additional swivel/tilt options available in the ultrasharp..

Then there's the Samsung 2043NWX & 943NWX...

The main problem among Samsung & LG LCDs being the "analog RGB" video input as the only option ..

hi guys,
i m planning to by a new lcd monitor,
i m confused bwn, Samsung22" and LG22", which one should i go for?
i m also cofused with the viewing angle, what is it?
pls. guide me!!

Back