Monitors Suggest 20" LCD Monitor

plsoft

Adept
Jul 22, 2006
Delhi
Planning to get a 20" LCD Widescreen Monitor (22" too big for me) as my old LG 15" has given up on me. I have set my eyes on Dell 2009W. Is this a good choice? I'm inclined towards dell but other suggestions would be appreciated. Budget is around 12-14k. Thanks all.

plsoft

Adept
Jul 22, 2006
Delhi
Thanks gannu. As for the price, i have a cousin who works for Dell, so i'm hoping he could get some discount. But quality wise, which one would you suggest?

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
plsoft said:
Thanks gannu. As for the price, i have a cousin who works for Dell, so i'm hoping he could get some discount. But quality wise, which one would you suggest?

Currently thro Dell's EPP, your cousin can only get a discount of around 1.5k !
And the bill will be in his name, not that it poses a problem during warranty.

plsoft

Adept
Jul 22, 2006
Delhi
thetoxicmind said:
Currently thro Dell's EPP, your cousin can only get a discount of around 1.5k !
And the bill will be in his name, not that it poses a problem during warranty.
Thanks for the info, i'll confirm with him when he wakes up (sleeping rite now).
Just out of curiosity: Say there is a problem with my monitor, how do i go about it? Do i have to disturb my cousin everytime there is a monitor problem?

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
plsoft said:
Thanks for the info, i'll confirm with him when he wakes up (sleeping rite now).
Just out of curiosity: Say there is a problem with my monitor, how do i go about it? Do i have to disturb my cousin everytime there is a monitor problem?

Like I said,it won't be a problem !
These days,it's the monitor 'serial number' that DELL requires for warranty claim..
Moreover you get a copy of the bill too..

Don't start assuming that the monitor is gonna give problems from day 1 ! ;)

plsoft

Adept
Jul 22, 2006
Delhi
thetoxicmind said:
Like I said,it won't be a problem !
These days,it's the monitor 'serial number' that DELL requires for warranty claim..
Moreover you get a copy of the bill too..

Don't start assuming that the monitor is gonna give problems from day 1 ! ;)

LOL, you can never be too careful, and with electronic goods you never know.
Thanks for info again.

plsoft

Adept
Jul 22, 2006
Delhi
Just called up Dell, they don't have the 2009W model :( . Now m really confused :S . Any good model from Samsung and LG? Else i'm looking at 1908WFP or SP2008WFP.

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
plsoft said:
Just called up Dell, they don't have the 2009W model :( . Now m really confused :S . Any good model from Samsung and LG? Else i'm looking at 1908WFP or SP2008WFP.

Are you that keen on getting an 19" or 20" ultrasharp?
just get the Dell E198WFP ! great VFM !
the panels are the same except for the 4 usb ports & the additional swivel/tilt options available in the ultrasharp..

Then there's the Samsung 2043NWX & 943NWX...

The main problem among Samsung & LG LCDs being the "analog RGB" video input as the only option ..

dukemist

Recruit
Jul 9, 2008
hi guys,
i m planning to by a new lcd monitor,
i m confused bwn, Samsung22" and LG22", which one should i go for?
i m also cofused with the viewing angle, what is it?
pls. guide me!!