Monitors Suggest 22" LED Full HD monitor

Review was quite good. However, I hv a few Q's
1] What were your monitor settings when you did the callibration tests (1920 x 1080 ?) - Yes at 1920x1080
2] At what distance (roughly in inches) did you do the tests ..... Screen Monitor > Your Eyes ? - about an arm's length, 2.5-3 feet.
3] How is the clarity & sharpness of "fonts" at 1980 x 1020 [whether checked in Explorer or Using a Browser & against a white background ? Is it razor sharp or 'some tearing' visible ? Text looks pretty comfortable. Please tell me how to check this thoroughly.
4] Can we save the settings (profiles/manual callibration) ? Yes , you can save them as different profiles. It comes with 3 presets, Standard, Internet and Game, I did not like the Internet and Game profiles. There is also something known as the power sensor, I switched it off as it kept on reducing screen brightness.
5]

About - Buttons - Do you think these will last for 4-5 years ? - I really don't know. The only button I use often is the power button, since there is no mechanical movement, theoretically it should be long lasting.

For the price of Rs8800/- and an IPS, It definately is a steal
Thanks for your feedback buddy. I have tried answering your questions..check the quoted text..

Thanks for your feedback buddy. I have tried answering your questions..check the quoted text......Q. How is the clarity & sharpness of "fonts" at 1980 x 1020 [whether checked in Explorer or Using a Browser & against a white background ? Is it razor sharp or 'some tearing' visible ? Text looks pretty comfortable. Please tell me how to check this thoroughly.

This is quite simply a visual test :) .... A first rate monitor/screen would not display any "visible" tearing/dots on the fonts/any text matter - you would see it just like a laser print-out ...... whereas cheaper/lower technology monitors would display a minimal tearing/jagged edges on fonts (akin to an ink-jet/dot-matrix printer).

Check also for example any quoted text matter here on TE & especially when the font is in italics (against the yellow fill area) - for the above to ascertain sharpness & clarity of fonts.

Cheers

Alright...its not razor sharp, but not hard to read..but I guess it could get better with HDMI/DVI since there will be no focusing issue in those..? Only a few letters in the quoted text have some kind of tearing..

Arjun, if you're upgrading only because of LED then it's not really worthy imo. Switch to atleast a 24" with LED.

@Rockfella I am not upgrading because i want a bigger screen , ccfl backlit lcds dont suit my eyes , since i started using this lcd i started having headaches & other problems, i recently bought Led light bulbs , i can look at the lit led bulbs with out it causing too much eye strain but cant look at a cfl bulb for even a few seconds .

@Rockfella I am not upgrading because i want a bigger screen , ccfl backlit lcds dont suit my eyes , since i started using this lcd i started having headaches & other problems, i recently bought Led light bulbs , i can look at the lit led bulbs with out it causing too much eye strain but cant look at a cfl bulb for even a few seconds .

dude just try setting brightness to lowest level...I cant say you will benefit from changing over to LED...until its the high frequency current in the CFL that that is bothering you..

maybe its not the brightness thats causing problems but something else , i can turn down brightness, i have read ccfl monitors can cause health problems to some people

Ordered Dell ST2220L from Shopclues for 7742 after paytm 7.5 % off & 158 cashback , seller is SMC intl , Wanted to go for philips ips but was worried about their after sales service, so chose Dell .

a guy at another forum said he had called up philips, they will be getting the 23" version of the same E line monitor series as my 22", price is Rs10700..decent deal imo..
I am thinking of buying this IPS panel but philips india site is not even able to show me sellers in delhi, I wonder how good is their support system for warranty.

Online ITdepot is selling it but wondering how to get warranty.
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Philips+21.5inc+LED+Monitor+(227E3QPHSU-IPS)_C7P15271.html

Back