Monitors Suggest 22" LED Full HD monitor

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
Using Samsung b2030 LCD currently, want to shift to LED

Budget 9k

Only requirement is HDMI port

Use- browsing, videos, occasional gaming ( have ATI HD6850 gpu ) , will also use it as tv , want to connect HD STB through HDMI in future , currently SD stb through TV Tuner.

Dell ST2220L availble for 8k looks like the best option

AOC ips 22" 8.6k , dont know how good the quality is & after sales support .

Any other better than dell?

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
Here are few options-
Dell ST2220L-8.5k OR Benq G2420HD-10k[I'd suggest you go for DELL as their A.S.S is very good,The Benq 24" monitor is also good,If you can stretch the budget then get that]
Have no idea about AOC service and how the actual panel is,If you want to heck then here's another Philips 22" IPS panel within your budget-Philips IPS LED monitor E-line 21.5 54.6 cm.

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
I was planning to go for LG ips225v for around 9k but its not available anywhere, cant go for this philips , no one here is using it , no reviews , will try to find the LG or go for Dell

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai

GJ1001

Disciple
Jun 5, 2012
Pune
No point in suggesting that panel as op's budget is under 10k,Don't hijack threads if you want some panel create a thread for yourself.

i an't hijking thread i am just giving suggestion if OP can extend his budget he can better Monitor and good features ;)

Deepcee

Disciple
May 24, 2007
I picked up the BenQ GW 2250HM yesterday for 8650. I love it. It's a VA panel. It's an option and fits your budget.
Have my 360 hooked up to it via HDMI.

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
May 12, 2005
Using Samsung b2030 LCD currently, want to shift to LED

Budget 9k

Only requirement is HDMI port

Use- browsing, videos, occasional gaming ( have ATI HD6850 gpu ) , will also use it as tv , want to connect HD STB through HDMI in future , currently SD stb through TV Tuner.

Dell ST2220L availble for 8k looks like the best option

AOC ips 22" 8.6k , dont know how good the quality is & after sales support .

Any other better than dell?

I bought the same AOC monitor i2251Fwe, a month back for 8.1k in Delhi. Its a pretty good monitor, Image quality is very good and sharp although fullHD on 22'' makes the text a little small so you have to get used to it but its not big issue. The only thing I was worried before buying the monitor was 14ms response time of it. However, I didn't notice any ghosting in GTA4 (the only game i tried so far) but if you are into fast FPS games it might become an issue. Also there is no HDMI port on it, its only dvi and vga.

Revolution

Skilled
Dec 27, 2008
East India Company
AOC monitor i2251Fwe is very thin ?
Is the power unit inside monitor or a separate external unit ?
heard AOC dead pixel policy not good as Dell.
They not change until min 5 dead pixel
Anyone have AOC LCD service experience ?

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Feb 23, 2011
Mumbai
Querry : Between Dell & Benq - whose power-ON/Off button is better ?

[At our workplace have around 200 or more Dell 2407WFP LCD monitor's which are around 3-4 years old and almost all of them - the power-ON button (feather touch) is a pain - if one switches it off, then it's very difficult to switch on & vice-versa] .... Perhaps this has been rectified/corrected in the recent batch of monitors.

At home I have the tendency to switch off my monitor (it's a samsung crt) when not in use, I do not like to keep it on screen-saver or any other power-saving modes for longer than 15 mins or more. Which means that I would normally use the power-on/off button at least 10-15 times or more each day. Also switching it off directly from the mains is not what I prefer......except when I shut down my system.

Cheers

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
May 12, 2005
AOC monitor i2251Fwe is very thin ?
Is the power unit inside monitor or a separate external unit ?
heard AOC dead pixel policy not good as Dell.
They not change until min 5 dead pixel
Anyone have AOC LCD service experience ?

yes its very thin and also the power unit is separate..

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Feb 23, 2011
Mumbai
I bought one recently(Philips 22" IPS)...have posted the review here..

http://techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=7282.0

Review was quite good. However, I hv a few Q's
1] What were your monitor settings when you did the callibration tests (1920 x 1080 ?)
2] At what distance (roughly in inches) did you do the tests ..... Screen Monitor > Your Eyes ?
3] How is the clarity & sharpness of "fonts" at 1980 x 1020 [whether checked in Explorer or Using a Browser & against a white background ? Is it razor sharp or 'some tearing' visible ?
4] Can we save the settings (profiles/manual callibration) ?
5]
You can access the OSD menu using the touch buttons on the right bottom side. At first its kinda irritating, but you will eventually get used to it. You don't press these buttons, you got to place your finger in front of it for about half a second,so yeah, takes 1 or 2 goes to get used to

About - Buttons - Do you think these will last for 4-5 years ?

For the price of Rs8800/- and an IPS, It definately is a steal