Suggest 3.5mm to usb converter for PC

If it was just about audio then anything will work. But you want mic to work too, yes?
Correct.
And if I have to keep using 3 connectors the costs crosses 1.2k mark so makes sense to buy a usb headphone investing few more bucks.
USB C is there at rear end/backpanel of my mobo which again isnt feasible for my usage. My cabinet front panel got no usb c (old cabinet)

So it should be 3.5mm to usb type-A with mic working flawlessly.

Correct.
And if I have to keep using 3 connectors the costs crosses 1.2k mark so makes sense to buy a usb headphone investing few more bucks.
USB C is there at rear end/backpanel of my mobo which again isnt feasible for my usage. My cabinet front panel got no usb c (old cabinet)

So it should be 3.5mm to usb type-A with mic working flawlessly.
I can't promise working flawlessly unless you confirm what the headset is by the way I mentioned earlier using a multimeter. Unless there is another simpler way to distinguish between the two standards (CTIA or OMTP) without it.

I figured you'd want a type A converter. You're going to have to gamble. Does not work, eat the loss and try another.

A to C Adapters just add an extra layer of complication for no reason. It will work though if you use that apple dongle as then the DAC is contained in the apple dongle so the a to c adapter just has to pass data. Charge only won't work. The adapter has to support data because that is what is being passed through to be converted to analogue. IN theory that should work.
Not all adapters are equal. Most cheap ones can only transmit power, some data, few audio signals. The Type C DAC will not work with just any USB-A adapter. It makes sense to only get a USB-A DAC.

In the past also had issues with DACs that supported only OMTP controls while Sennheiser always supported CTIA, which generally meant microphones don't work along with the skip controls.
Those buttons is another open question. What do you need to make those work?

Or are you saying once we get this CTIA/OMTP crap correct then the skip controls work as well.

This guy does not address the mic part in the video its only in the comments he says that zoom works hence mic too.

Last edited:
Just going by title. I have these and they work flawlessly. From DELL
IMG_20220725_212034.jpg
IMG_20220725_212017.jpg

What headset are you using? does it have a name? Post a photo

Since you have not tested it i figure you don't have access to a multimeter
No I dont have a multimeter or any such instruments or tools.
Headphones/earphones are JBL, Philips and BOAT!
No model no as they are at least 3yrs old but working awesome.

Its not by Dell its by Jabra and it ain't available in India

You can get the evolve 40 link though

Price is going to be a few thousands I bet

It's by Dell only. It says "sound by Jabra"

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-27 at 12.04.15 AM.jpeg

Can you use any 3.5mm headphones through this and be able to use mic as well?

Can you et know if theres any model no for this connector thing or with which dell product it came bundled?
I've only used the Dell headphone it came bundled with and yes mic works through it.
The model of connector is HSC060. The model of headphones it came bundled with is UC350 https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Pro-Ster...ro+stereo+headset+uc350&qid=1658860696&sr=8-3

It's by Dell only. It says "sound by Jabra"

View attachment 140876
Do you see the code HSC060?

It's a Dell rebrand of the Jabra Evolve 30

I'm sure it works great with everything on a PC.
No I dont have a multimeter or any such instruments or tools.
Headphones/earphones are JBL, Philips and BOAT!
Ah, it's not headset but headset(s) :woot:

I guess the JBL & Phillips are CTIA and the BOAT is likely OMTP

Seems only options remaining is about gamble and risk!

Get an OMTP to CTIA converter

An adapter with a pigtail would be better because there is no strain relief otherwise. Something like this but it requires an OMTP USB adapter. Will NOT work with the USB adapter below (!)

And the CTIA USB a to 3.5mm
mic not working is an issue with these usb converters
what @prime has posted should work. https://www.amazon.in/INICIO-External-Headphone-Microphone-Desktops/dp/B07W3D3P5W/

@nRiTeCh If your headsets are CTIA they will work by default. If not use the OMTP converter to make them CTIA

Just get the adapter puns recommended. See how many of your headsets work. Maybe all will in which case closed. If not THEN get the omtp-ctia adapter.

How about that

Last edited:
Do you see the code HSC060?

It's a Dell rebrand of the Jabra Evolve 30

I'm sure it works great with everything on a PC.

Ah, it's not headset but headset(s) :woot:

I guess the JBL & Phillips are CTIA and the BOAT is likely OMTP

Get an OMTP to CTIA converter

An adapter with a pigtail would be better because there is no strain relief otherwise. Something like this but it requires an OMTP USB adapter. Will NOT work with the USB adapter below (!)

And the CTIA USB a to 3.5mm

@nRiTeCh If your headsets are CTIA they will work by default. If not use the OMTP converter to make them CTIA

Just get the adapter puns recommended. See how many of your headsets work. Maybe all will in which case closed. If not THEN get the omtp-ctia adapter.

How about that
Arey!!!
I have already mentioned with pics 3 those headphones (they are TRSS) and the cable puns recommended.
If any 2 of those work will do as in if boat one is omtp I'm least bothered I wont use it.

Back