Video Suggest 40inch LCD/LED, Budget:45-50k

Well there is definitively extra costs involved,but not as much as the companies are charging.

But they have put a lot into R&D to get them where they are today, in 2007 the Sony motionflow tech based on frame insertion used to achieve around 600lines of motion resolution with soap opera effect +input lag,in 2008 they achieved 1080lines of motion resolution by doubling the frames even more called 200hz motion flow but again with soap opera effect+input lag,now in 2011 they virtually eliminated soap opera effect.

Lg has been including "truemotion" backlight scanning for many years (even in low end models) much before sony or samsung,but lg still lags behind these two when it comes to motion performance.So over time these features will make its way to low end models.

The specs of Sony 40EX430 includes Motionflow XR 100Hz just like the more expensive 40EX650, check out the specs:
KDL-40EX650 : EX650 Series : BRAVIA? HD TV (LED & LCD) : Sony India
KLV-40EX430 : EX430 Series : BRAVIA? HD TV (LED & LCD) : Sony India

Page 2 of 2
The major Difference between the two models is EX430 is Direct LED while the EX650 is Edge led.

Yup, thats the main difference but was thinking about the motion performance as both use same Motionflow XR 100.

Did you check the panel type from your LED?

But what about the picture engine ?. The ex430 has only the old BE3 on the contrary the ex65 has X-reality... In fact i have chosen to go for the ex65. Isnt it a good choice ?

If ure budget is 50k- extend slightly by 3k and get a [h=1]SAMSUNG UA40ES6220 3D SMART LED TV from ebay for 53k-- I got this- 2 months ago for 58k off ebay- and it is one of the best TV,s around- stylish- smart and terrific picture. Best is ability to get 3 interest free payment plan.[/h]

sorry buddy did not check it. Will do the same tonight.

Did you check it? you can just post a photo of the service menu here , so that we can decode the panel type.

But what about the picture engine ?. The ex430 has only the old BE3 on the contrary the ex65 has X-reality... In fact i have chosen to go for the ex65. Isnt it a good choice ?

If you have the budget for ex650 then go for it, its a better choice. what price are you getting it for? grey market or official? 32 or 40inch?

If ure budget is 50k- extend slightly by 3k and get a SAMSUNG UA40ES6220 3D SMART LED TV from ebay for 53k-- I got this- 2 months ago for 58k off ebay- and it is one of the best TV,s around- stylish- smart and terrific picture. Best is ability to get 3 interest free payment plan.

Not interested in 3d and also its 53-54k for grey market price, i am not willing to spend more than 35-38k on grey market model.

Not interested in 3d and also its 53-54k for grey market price, i am not willing to spend more than 35-38k on grey market model.
I am also planning to buy a 40 inch TV, and probably will go for the one recommended here.
I would like to no why you do not want to go for 3d? Is it because 3d in TV is not good yet, or is it because of the lack of 3d programs?

I am also planning to buy a 40 inch TV, and probably will go for the one recommended here.
I would like to no why you do not want to go for 3d? Is it because 3d in TV is not good yet, or is it because of the lack of 3d programs?

From a general viewpoint, there is no 3D content available except few movies in a year, as of now we are struggling to get HD channels and the total number is only 24 that too for only one or two DTH providers, so no point thinking about 3D channels.

Personally , i hate 3D, 3D glasses, stress on eyes and other associated effects.

From a general viewpoint, there is no 3D content available except few movies in a year, as of now we are struggling to get HD channels and the total number is only 24 that too for only one or two DTH providers, so no point thinking about 3D channels.

Personally , i hate 3D, 3D glasses, stress on eyes and other associated effects.

Buddy their is no i button on my remote. Can you pls help.

Panel version is PN0009

That is not the panel type, look for it in the right hand side of the service menu, PNL: it will be like LTY400HJ01 or T40HW03 or LTZ400HM02 etc.., if possible then post a photo here, so that we can decode the panel type, check out an example of identifying panel type from service menu:

1z1IU.jpg

I am looking out for a LCD/LED TV(From Bangalore) and came across the following

LG LCD 42LK450 for 37k.(where did you get this quote ?)
LG LCD 42CS560 for 42K.
Toshiba 40PS20 42K - LED TV
Toshiba 40PS10 41K - LED TV

I dont know the service backup of Toshiba TVs in bangalore but they seem to be offering 3 year warranty.

RS4, since you have mentioned the LG model, i decided to use your thread :)

I saw that most of the LED TV below 50K are not edge LED and hence they are almost as thick as the LCD screens. I dont think there will be noticable power saving too. So really wondering if i should even consider the likes of Samsung EH5000 or LGLS3400. please suggest

I was actually on the lookout for a smart TV with a budget of 55K. but then i felt instead of paying 55K and getting a limited Smart TV, i can as well go for a low end LED/LCD and buy a PS3 which will instantly convert any tv into Smart TV.

So my another question is, is it good to save 15-20K from a smart tv and buy a PS3 or does smart TV really makes sense ?

Anybody home ?

I am seriously thinking about Toshiba 40PS20 as it is available for about 40K on infibeam.com (cheapest LED TV today) and comes with 3 year warranty. Other competition would be LG LS3400(43K) and EH5000(costly around 45K) all on infibeam.com

Apart from Toshiba, only thing i can manage in 40K budget is LCD TVs. I can stretch my budget upto 45K, but only if it makes sense !!

Anybody home ?

I am seriously thinking about Toshiba 40PS20 as it is available for about 40K on infibeam.com (cheapest LED TV today) and comes with 3 year warranty. Other competition would be LG LS3400(43K) and EH5000(costly around 45K) all on infibeam.com

Apart from Toshiba, only thing i can manage in 40K budget is LCD TVs. I can stretch my budget upto 45K, but only if it makes sense !!

You are not getting any replies as this thread is old now, a new thread would have got better response, it makes sense to extend budget by 5k and get samsung 40EH5000 but the infibeam price is 49.3k and LG 42LS3400 has only 1 HDMI port, so its useless.

You are not getting any replies as this thread is old now, a new thread would have got better response, it makes sense to extend budget by 5k and get samsung 40EH5000 but the infibeam price is 49.3k and LG 42LS3400 has only 1 HDMI port, so its useless.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i considered the infibeam discount and all of these are post discount prices. EH5000 costs around 45K as compared to Toshiba 40PS20 costing around 39K. Let me drop the LG model, but there are other LCD from LG like LK450 or CS560 which cost same like Toshiba PS20 and have plenty of HDMI and USB ports.

Budget is actually not my problem but i am thinking of spending as less as i can on a decent TV with PQ and buy a PS3 later to convert it into a smart TV with blue ray and smart features

Also i have never done a high value transaction from infibeam. Any feedback on infibeam for high value transactions ?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i considered the infibeam discount and all of these are post discount prices. EH5000 costs around 45K as compared to Toshiba 40PS20 costing around 39K. Let me drop the LG model, but there are other LCD from LG like LK450 or CS560 which cost same like Toshiba PS20 and have plenty of HDMI and USB ports.

Budget is actually not my problem but i am thinking of spending as less as i can on a decent TV with PQ and buy a PS3 later to convert it into a smart TV with blue ray and smart features

Also i have never done a high value transaction from infibeam. Any feedback on infibeam for high value transactions ?

I have only purchased small items like books on infibeam, dont have any idea about TV delivery, what happens if the courier guys deliver tv with broken screen, who will take the hit? infibeam, the courier company or the customer? And i cant find this 45k price of EH5000, can you post a link here with that pricing or any other link at that price.

Back