Monitors Suggest a 22-24" Gaming Monitor (very low input lag)

kreacher

Disciple
I've been searching for a good gaming monitor to upgrade from my 19" Samsung 940BW. Budget is ~20k. The main requirements -

1) Low Input Lag

2) 5ms or lower response time (G2G)

3) 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 resolution

4) Long warranty (3+ years if possible)

5) Able to buy it online in India

Preferable to have -

1) Display Port

2) Higher color gamut

Dell Ultrasharp 2311? Has everything you have asked for. Just curious but why the low input lag being a priority? In all probability, the input lag on the present gen LCDs are far too high (or low rather!) to be distinguishable for the average human eye. And why the display port again - when the different digital outputs can be interchanged with suitable converters.

We have a Regd. Dealer in our forums selling one - http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/dell-u2311h-for-13400-shipped-166941.html

Contact him or alternately talk to the Dell representative. :)

^ Thanks for the info.

Low input lag to eliminate any extra delay when playing online, the pings are already too high and I'm quite terrible at shooters as it is.

Display Port is just an optional extra, just wanted to try it out.

I saw that Dell U2311H offer, thought it was closed already.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Looking at the review for U2311H the input lag is very low however there are ghosting issues due to the high response time. I've updated the first post to add response time.

^ Thanks.
I looked at the Dell models but I couldn't find any conclusive input lag numbers for S2409W (isn't listed in Dell India site) and ST2410. Both should be okay since they are TN but I don't want to take a chance.

I thought of going with Asus due to the extremely low input lag and hopefully lower price.

It seems that Prime ABGB do not have the Asus VW246H model, I'll try to contact them and ask.

for gaming try and stick to 16:10 especially 22inch size. 22inch 16:9 monitors are smaller than their 16:10 counterparts.

Second Gannu's suggestion - the 2311H is excellent. Just bought one for my wife's office, played some UT3 on it. Very good monitor.

TechHead said:
Just bought one for my wife's office, played some UT3 on it. Very good monitor.
Darn, you played UT3 at your wife's office? :O

Btw was there any noticeable input lag or ghosting issues?

TechHead said:
^It's her own office :p

She employs 15 people now.. and of course, I'm the de-facto IT support guy :D
LOL sweet! :D

But please answer my query - asking this specifically since my department is in need of about 20 displays of this size to have dual-display enabled in portrait mode. We use a couple of ship-design applications. If ghosting persists, it may not be a good idea. Otherwise I have considered it.

Btw we are using Dell SP2007FP ATM. :D

No ghosting that I could see. Was playing off an 8800GT plugged into a C2D E4500. Excellent viewing angles. Be careful about the (minor) colour bleed and low black levels.

Hi kreacher, I think we are both sailing in the same boat. I'm also looking for a good 24" inches monitor, but can't decide which one to get. I cannot afford expensive one's (SPVA/IPS etc.) hence, TN is the only option available. Guys who are posting here are requested to kindly look into my thread and share their opinions and thoughts. Please find the link to my thread as below:

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/monitor-suggestions-169681.html

So far it seems Dell ST 2410 is a very good option (12.5K) after Dell G Series G 2410 (14.4K). What do you guys think about Dell E 248WFP?

^ The Dell G2410 has a 20ms input lag (32 max / 13 min) which makes it unsuitable for online gaming. The E228WFP is excellent for gaming with a ~3ms input lag however I could not find any information about the E248WFP. The disorienting 69ms input lag of the original Dell 2408WFP is one of the reasons that make me think twice before choosing Dell for a gaming monitor.

@Desecrator & TechHead - The Dell U2311H has an average input lag of 13ms (33 max / 0 min) which is on the high side for online gaming (it also has an 8ms response time).

@Zloyd - I would love to buy a 1920x1200 monitor but they seem to be priced a lot higher than the 1920x1080 monitors.

@malhotraraul - I was also considering the BenQ G2400WD however it does not seem to be available.

kreacher said:
^ The Dell G2410 has a 20ms input lag (32 max / 13 min) which makes it unsuitable for online gaming. The E228WFP is excellent for gaming with a ~3ms input lag however I could not find any information about the E248WFP. The disorienting 69ms input lag of the original Dell 2408WFP is one of the reasons that make me think twice before choosing Dell for a gaming monitor.

@Desecrator & TechHead - The Dell U2311H has an average input lag of 13ms (33 max / 0 min) which is on the high side for online gaming (it also has an 8ms response time).

@Zloyd - I would love to buy a 1920x1200 monitor but they seem to be priced a lot higher than the 1920x1080 monitors.

@malhotraraul - I was also considering the BenQ G2400WD however it does not seem to be available.
This afternoon I had a word with Ankit/Ankush/Ankur (Branch or Sales Manager I don't remember) with BenQ. He said that G2400WD is discontinued and is now replaced with E2420HD which would be available within a week or so. It will cost around Rs. 14500/-. I am also considering this Monitor, seems very good to me. Any thoughts, friends?

Back