Monitors Suggest a 22" lcd

cool1 said:
why are u all not suggesting any LG lcd.
is there any problems ?

budget is 12-14k....i found good model in LG 2252TQ....check it out...
but goin for dell e198wfp coz of budget constraints:(
already did suggest....but availability is an issue i guess

cool1 said:
did a little research at lammington rd yesterday and found few more models

benq= t221w Rs10k

viewsonic price got dropped vx2235wm-5 for Rs11.5k

more lg monitors

l242t Rs 11.1k
l2242tq Rs 11.5k
l2242ws Rs 11k

acer al2216 Rs 10300

ok i have listed viewsonic as one of my options but dealers dont suggest viewsonic as of crappy service (this info by primeabgb).
please suggest of lg models too they are also good.
and what about benq t221w how is this lcd

whats???:mad: the guy at prime told me that the service has been improved and I confirmed with other dealers too.viewsonic's service has improved.If not taking viewsonic then get lg one and never go with acer dude.

H@cKer said:
whats???:mad: the guy at prime told me that the service has been improved and I confirmed with other dealers too.viewsonic's service has improved.If not taking viewsonic then get lg one and never go with acer dude.

hey hacker both swapnil and ashok of prime told not to buy viewsoinc, as viewsonic owners have been waiting for more than 2 weeks:mad: for their lcd to get serviced

WingZero said:
budget is 12-14k....i found good model in LG 2252TQ....check it out...
but goin for dell e198wfp coz of budget constraints:(
already did suggest....but availability is an issue i guess

hey thats a good model but it has static contrast of 700:1:S and dynamic contrast of 10000:1:eek:hyeah:

cool1 said:
hey thats a good model but it has static contrast of 700:1:S and dynamic contrast of 10000:1:eek:hyeah:

10000 & 20000 ? Mere marketing gimmicks if you ask me ! 10000:1 could just end being 1000:1..

LCDs that have contrast ratios of above 700:1 will do the job well enough,unless your a graphic designer/hardcore photographer who seeks the most vibrant display..

i used a monitor that had a ratio of 1000:1 and now i'm one one having a ratio of 800:1.So what difference did i notice?? nothing whatsoever,if at all negligible differences..

So you need to view pics & vids on these panels to see the colour differences for yourself.don't be fooled by the ultra high ratios..

cool1 said:
i am little bit interested in lg

I've read in many forums that LGs are notorious for their backlight bleeding,not sure bout the latest batches though.

And unlike Dell,your chances of getting a replacement for your old one with backlight bleed issues are bleak !

It's still your choice..

I've bought a LG W2252S for 14k from Croma Pune.. Apparently it's very very rare now and only Croma had the piece with them. I decided to got with this rather than the Dell mainly because of the looks.

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/taking-care-my-ears-my-eyes-119505.html

Rest of the stuff is more or less the same in all TN panels these days. The rounded bottom edge makes it look bigger than it really is and is a pleasure to watch and even the 700 mb rips look gorgeous when keeping a distance of around 2 feet. I was a bit surprised because everyone kept saying that 700 mb rips look horrible.. :)

Sei said:
I've bought a LG W2252S for 14k from Croma Pune.. Apparently it's very very rare now and only Croma had the piece with them. I decided to got with this rather than the Dell mainly because of the looks.

same is available for 11.5k now at my place...
cool1 check out this link to compare various models face to face.:)
Face to Face : cameras, printers, ... - DigitalVersus

the dynamic contrast has no imp.. only check for std contrast n 700 is a big no. LG uses some other contrast spec..by sayin dynamic..others use their
check std contrast ratio wen comparing the contrast ratios.

WingZero said:
same is available for 11.5k now at my place...
cool1 check out this link to compare various models face to face.:)
Face to Face : cameras, printers, ... - DigitalVersus

the dynamic contrast has no imp.. only check for std contrast n 700 is a big no. LG uses some other contrast spec..by sayin dynamic..others use their
check std contrast ratio wen comparing the contrast ratios.

hey here's the proper spec

Panel TN
Size 22"W
Resolution 1680 X 1050
Pixel Pitch 0.282 X 0.282
Brightness 300 cd/㎡
Contrast Ratio 10000:1 DFC (Original 700:1):mad:
Viewing Angle H: 170°/V : 170° (CR≥5)
Response Time 2ms (GTG)
Display Colors 16.7M

Native Contrast refers to the maximum difference possible if the most light and most dark image were on the same frame. Dynamic is the theoretical difference of the most light and most dark, by means of backlighting tricks and the like that the panel is able to do.

Dynamic contrast (in a very basic sense) turns the backlight all the way up and measures the white there, and then turns the backlight all the way down, and measures the black there. This is fine for your blacks in a dark scene or whites for a white scene, the backlight is on full or 0.

Static contrast is measured in one screen, and is the 'real world' figure (if any contrast ratio could be called that). What that means is a measurement of the white and black on the screen at once. Why its significantly less is because any backlight moving up / down will of course hurt the opposite colour. (I.e. turning the backlight down will decrease the whites, turning the backlight up will decrease your black). This is what a TV has to deal with all the time however with a normal day (white clouds) with shadows on the screen for example.

dont compare with the dynamic contrast ratios wen comparing lcd

LG uses some diff sort of calculation to mention dynamic contrast...n get high no's....

700:1 std contrast ratio is a very good no. TN...the dell ultrasharp has 1000:1.:)

Sei said:

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/taking-care-my-ears-my-eyes-119505.html

Rest of the stuff is more or less the same in all TN panels these days. The rounded bottom edge makes it look bigger than it really is and is a pleasure to watch and even the 700 mb rips look gorgeous when keeping a distance of around 2 feet. I was a bit surprised because everyone kept saying that 700 mb rips look horrible.. :)

does LG W2252S have DVI port

WingZero said:
Native Contrast refers to the maximum difference possible if the most light and most dark image were on the same frame. Dynamic is the theoretical difference of the most light and most dark, by means of backlighting tricks and the like that the panel is able to do.

Dynamic contrast (in a very basic sense) turns the backlight all the way up and measures the white there, and then turns the backlight all the way down, and measures the black there. This is fine for your blacks in a dark scene or whites for a white scene, the backlight is on full or 0.

Static contrast is measured in one screen, and is the 'real world' figure (if any contrast ratio could be called that). What that means is a measurement of the white and black on the screen at once. Why its significantly less is because any backlight moving up / down will of course hurt the opposite colour. (I.e. turning the backlight down will decrease the whites, turning the backlight up will decrease your black). This is what a TV has to deal with all the time however with a normal day (white clouds) with shadows on the screen for example.

LG uses some diff sort of calculation to mention dynamic contrast...n get high no's....
700:1 std contrast ratio is a very good no. TN...the dell ultrasharp has 1000:1.:)

i didnt understood , is 700:1 contrast ratio good or bad
and should i consider lg as one of my options or not(specific model number l2252tq which has 700:1 contrast and the other model w2252s dosnt have dvi port)

WingZero said:

Very good NUMBER!?

@ cool1

700/800:1 ratio is good enough..

1000:1 tad better...

2000:1 Much better!

cool1 said:
does any one knows if this model is available or not
LG w2252v

arrey just get the viewsonic one which I told you the best u can get in that range even I searched for many moniters like u but some had only vga connection and on other some other features were missing,so better get the viewsonic one it is a really good moniter.

Back