Monitors Suggest a 23 Inch 1080p LED Monitor

No use asking for any more details as you've been given the best monitors available in the indian market as per your usage.

Go to a shop and compare them side by side so that you get what you like.

Dell U2312HM
BenQ G2420HD
[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dell ST2420L
[/FONT]Samsung S23A300B[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]AOC i2353Ph[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Dell U2312HM will beat them all :D . And it has by far the most ergonomic and well designed stand with an awesome build quality.

Be sure to check for back light bleeding in a dark room after you finalize a model.

Reasons ? And which better monitors you're pointing to?

Hi Sir ,

Black levels ! Not so good , white or day time scenes in movies will blow your mind but blacks , terrible to say the least .
Equivalent Benq and Samsung monitors are much better .
Check any review , they would say the same . I would personally avoid these monitors .
Rest its a personal opinion , some people are fine with washed out blacks , but my eye cannot help but notice it .

It might be because am used to my IPS top of the line Sony TV . People might say am dumb comparing it with something with over 10 times its value .
Am not comparing really , but anyone used to viewing a lot of movies and different displays will tell you about the blacks on these monitors . There should be a certain balance .
See some movie like the Pirates of the Carribbean , you wont like it at all !! .
Now someone would jump and say am talking rubbish , I have that monitor and the blacks are super . Its a personal opinion in the end , I have seen better blacks in 5-6k Samsung monitors of a friend .

I always recommend Samsung monitors not only because I feel they are balanced in color reproduction and have nice calibration , but they generally also last longer .
Dell and Benq might have that great service compared to Samsung , but Samsung's are somehow reliable , I have used one myself . Have at friends place .
Got a friend with Benq also , even his went kaput but benq has good service. But Samsung I have hardly seen conking off ! .

Some say we gotta compromise , black levels are not a low end monitor's ball game , that true ! . But for the same prices , any benq or Samsung ( I recommend ) offer somewhat better blacks . comparative basis :) .
I have used all 3 so I can surely be confident of what I am saying . Infact I ve even used Acer and viewsonic and Intex ( terrible ) .

I would go with an Samsung monitor anyday . If I want IPS , the dell ultrasharp series but not having an HDMI is a serious bummer but heard its quality shadows it all .

Benq 24 inch LCD - G2420HD Monitor: Flipkart.com
Samsung 24 inch LED - S24B370H Monitor: Flipkart.com

Dont go on the pricing on flipkart , street pricing will definitely be lower . There are many monitors out there then the ST series ! . People might disagree , I dont mind its a democracy , but am only telling what my eyes point out .

Cheers , hope this wasnt boring .

How is the new Samsung 23" S23B370H Series 3 LED Monitor?

- - - Updated - - -

The previous Samsung S23A350H was better than Dell S2330MX.

Thanks harry_houdini, it wasn't boring at all :p

BTW won't be 500:1 DCR of Benq 2420HD be too low ?

Hi ,
That is another thing which people ignore .
500:1 is not the DCR , its Dynamic contrast ratio if different .
BenQ India | Products - LCD Monitors - E2420HD
Also its 1000: 1 . The worry is its DCR is a bit too low .

So if you ask me , I would choose a monitor with 3000:1 and 5 million : 1 DCR .
Samsung 24 inch LED - S24B370H Monitor: Flipkart.com
Then a monitor with 1000:1 , with 8 million : 1 DCR .
Dell 24 inch LED - ST2420L Monitor: Flipkart.com .

When buying monitors , one review firm on youtube , I dont recollect said you should stress more on the static ratio than the dynamic ratio because almost all have good dynamic ratio .
But hey wait a minute , do you know there is no common standard manufacturers use to calculate contrast ratio's ?
So say Samsung's 1000:1 can be different than Sony's 1000:1 and LG's 1000:1 will be different !

Also their way of displaying colours is also different , I mean all manufacturers use different standards for calculating color shades .
Its not an easy thing reading specs , some uninformed person might find it very easy . But after knowing the above info , its difficult to conclude anything from the specs specially if two displays have almost same specs . In the end the human eye is the main distinguishing factor .

Users reviews help much more than specs like the BenQ 2420HD we talk about has DCR quite low , but still many people find that monitor to be fine which frankly I found surprising .
The DCR seems to be low by any standard .

I hope I havent confused many people out to buy monitor out there :p .

cheers

I compared the Dell U2312 with the AOC and benq. The AOC and Dell are close but the benq is rubbish. Close your eyes and pick up the dell - for its dead pixel policy and 3 year warranty.

I compared the Dell U2312 with the AOC and benq. The AOC and Dell are close but the benq is rubbish. Close your eyes and pick up the dell - for its dead pixel policy and 3 year warranty.

check out my budget. I need a 23" LED monitor under 12k and Dell U2312HM is of 17200 rupees on flipkart.

check out my budget. I need a 23" LED monitor under 12k and Dell U2312HM is of 17200 rupees on flipkart.

Pickup the AOC in that case and don't go by flipkart prices. I paid 14250 for the U2312HM a couple of weeks.

Where are you located? I'm sure prices will be lower in the local market than flipkart.

Thanks for pointing out , I should have known , flipkart always messes up in the specs . But that is ok , it was anyways good for example purposes , explaining things ! .
So changing mind again ? .

So overall I concluded that the best model is Samsung S23B370H (MRP 11300) and I see other models like Dell S2330MX and Dell ST2320L. Both are worse than samsung's predecessor model S23A350H. Please suggest me any other option for 23" 1080p LED in brands like LG, Asus, benQ or any other which can beat Samsung S23B370H in terms of image quality under 12k.

- - - Updated - - -

How is this BenQ GQ2450HM ? Check the review
Its has 5000:1 static contrast, audio jack, HDMI output and inbuilt speakers. How is the image quality if we compare it with samsung S23B370H/S24B370H?

- - - Updated - - -

According to TFT central
Benq GW2450HM:
luminance (cd/m2) 120
Black Point (cd/m2) 0.05
Contrast Ratio 2596:1

Dell U2312HM:
luminance (cd/m2) 120
Black Point (cd/m2) 0.16
Contrast Ratio 770:1

So overall I concluded that the best model is Samsung S23B370H (MRP 11300) and I see other models like Dell S2330MX and Dell ST2320L. Both are worse than samsung's predecessor model S23A350H. Please suggest me any other option for 23" 1080p LED in brands like LG, Asus, benQ or any other which can beat Samsung S23B370H in terms of image quality under 12k.

- - - Updated - - -

How is this BenQ GQ2450HM ? Check the review
Its has 5000:1 static contrast, audio jack, HDMI output and inbuilt speakers. How is the image quality if we compare it with samsung S23B370H/S24B370H?

- - - Updated - - -

According to TFT central
Benq GW2450HM:
luminance (cd/m2) 120
Black Point (cd/m2) 0.05
Contrast Ratio 2596:1

Dell U2312HM:
luminance (cd/m2) 120
Black Point (cd/m2) 0.16
Contrast Ratio 770:1

The Dell Model goes for 14.5 - 15K Street price Itz teh best Buy,IPS Panel is far better then others.Itz Most Recommended product,Just try once at any Store,I bet you would chose it Once U see it Performing!

http://www.smcinternational.in/inde...ge_images.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=93

- - - Updated - - -

The Dell Model goes for 14.5 - 15K Street price Itz teh best Buy,IPS Panel is far better then others.Itz Most Recommended product,Just try once at any Store,I bet you would chose it Once U see it Performing!

http://www.smcinternational.in/inde...ge_images.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=93

Street price of Benq GW2450HM is about 11.5k and still have more than three times better contrast and black level than Dell U2312HM. Do you still think paying 3 - 3.5k more for Dell IPS still worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Street price of Benq GW2450HM is about 11.5k and still have more than three times better contrast and black level than Dell U2312HM. Do you still think paying 3 - 3.5k more for Dell IPS still worth it?

Personally never saw/used GW2450HM,I have checked G2420HD.itz Good Enough! I hope GW2450HM will be Better as it is VA Panel Check this out LCD Panel Technology - S-IPS, VA, Super PLS and TN Monitors

I recommended Dell U2312HM due to itz iPS Panel and Superior Performance. ALPHA17 can explain in a better way,I am kind-Of noob in Explaining :p

And GW2450HM isnt a bad Buy Either,Itz surely Great for itz price :) Just Check before buying ;) Where u live BTW? if u are in Any Metropolitan City I bet they will be Available in Stores for Checking before Buying :)

@Dr. House

If you can spend that much , all will recommend Dell U2313hm .
But if you wanna stay in budget , that monitor you have chosen seems good from the link of the review you sent me .

So I guess its only a matter of budget .

Last edited by a moderator:
But Benq G2420HD is very old model about 3 years old. And I didnt like the design too, lower part is annoying to see and only 40000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. How can it be better than AOC e2343F2k with 50000000:1 dynamic contrast ratio? I don't care about 1" more inch size of the screen. Colour production should be up to the mark in under 12k budget.

Compare the actual contrast ratio of the two, rather than the DCR.

Actually a well setup, properly calibrated TN-panel based offering will also come close to the performance of an eIPS panel-based offering. Though that itself is a chore and needs some equipment which not always at hand, more on topic --> http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.php.

Also, one of the members has recently bought an AoC eIPS panel based monitor, here is its review http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-previews/aoc-i2353ph-affordable-23-ips-136692/p2/#post1697074. Now choose between the Dell Ultrasharp and this monitor and make a call.

If you want better colours you will need to pony up extra cash.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Back