Car & Bike Suggest a good chain spray for my bikes

bsd

Disciple
hi folks , i am thinking of buying a chain spray for my TVS APACHE ABS RTR-180 and also for my bros PULSAR 200NS. suggest me a good chain spray.

Motul chain lube for lubricating the chain.
if you live in dusty area and don't clean your bikes' chains regularly then also buy MOTUL chain clean

@bsd-You can get the 3M Wet sprayable grease which is close to 650-700 bucks. These are the best and do not leave any residue on your rims provided you know the process of lubing your chain. You can get the TVS Chainlube or Tribocor which is around 300 bucks. TVS leaves a considerable amount of residue on your rims The cheapest would be Gear oil which is close to RS.80-100 provided that you have time cleaning the remains on your rims and muck which accumulates.

For cleaning the chain, I would recommend you use WD40 which you ll get in any Hardware store and retails for Rs.80 for 125ml and Rs.230 for 400ml.

PS: A DIY thread for Chain cleaning and lubing.
DIY : Chain Lubrication - Pulsar 220

Last edited by a moderator:
Motul Chain lube without a doubt. If in Mumbai, source it directly from Popular Lubricants whose a very good and cooperative MOTUL dealer and keeps almost everything MOTUL in stock.

WD40 won't stay on it for long. it's more of a degreaser than a lubricant.
not at all recommended.
google why not to use wd40 on bike chain

Motul Chain lube without a doubt. If in Mumbai, source it directly from Popular Lubricants whose a very good and cooperative MOTUL dealer and keeps almost everything MOTUL in stock.

Hi, Mach9

Can you help me with Popular Lubricant's contact number if possible? BTW where in mumbai is this store?

I need a 2T fully synthetic oil for my Chetak.

Hi, Mach9
Can you help me with Popular Lubricant's contact number if possible? BTW where in mumbai is this store?

I need a 2T fully synthetic oil for my Chetak.

Contact Amit
+91 22-24181743
Popular Lubricants
2,Nanji Ravji Bldg,AD Marg, Mumbai-400015, Sewri, Mumbai

Google Map Coordinates for the approximate location of the outlet is here.. it might be further down that road.. the location marked is just a guide to get you on to AD Marg. Just ask any of the local shopkeepers & they will guide you to the building : 19.004571,72.840828 (type n enter into Google Maps to guide you)

Which one should I buy for Yamaha r15 saw one in tradus wasn't sure how to apple and which one need to get one now in Chennai

OKS or Motul. OKS is not available everywhere.. and between the two, MOTUL is more readily available.

Personally like most others here, I can vouch for and recommend the MOTUL Chain Lube

Shud I buy online from eBay or something

I wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest you get in touch with Amit from Popular Lubricants and ask him for a distributor/retailer in your city, since Popular are not retailers but authorized distributors themselves, and Amit himself has gone out of the way to personally deliver oil cans to my residence! I'm sure he will help out with the address of a genuine distributor and ensure you don't get ripped off.

iirc there have been a few cases of tampered/fake MOTUL lubricants.. even so, for these kind of things, i always prefer going to a store and getting it first hand. Luckily for us in Mumbai, we have guys like Amit @ Motul who are genuine about their business and their customers.

I wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest you get in touch with Amit from Popular Lubricants and ask him for a distributor/retailer in your city, since Popular are not retailers but authorized distributors themselves, and Amit himself has gone out of the way to personally deliver oil cans to my residence! I'm sure he will help out with the address of a genuine distributor and ensure you don't get ripped off.

iirc there have been a few cases of tampered/fake MOTUL lubricants.. even so, for these kind of things, i always prefer going to a store and getting it first hand. Luckily for us in Mumbai, we have guys like Amit @ Motul who are genuine about their business and their customers.
My house in mumbai but am working in Chennai so there the problem

Back