CPU/Mobo Suggest a Good Processor for MSI 880G

I can find any processors in Any store's best available is X2 560BE and It is a Notorious processor,I have heard about Unlocking Extra Cores but I also read that your Motherboard isnt capable! Best you could do is Go with X2 560BE and use it as it is!

ALPHA17 What are your Suggestions bro?

@gcbeldar, if you are purchasing current stock of AMD Phenom IIx2 processor do not have high hopes of unlocking to a quad-core.

Best bet is you can try to bag a quad-core chip like the AMD Phenom IIx4, at-least an AMD Phenom IIx4 955 OR 965 ~6500/- from the reserve stock.

Most places the Phenom's have been replaced by the FX class processors, so online purchase is not an option in my opinion try to check the local stores.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
gcbeldar, if you are purchasing current stock of AMD Phenom IIx2 processor do not have high hopes of unlocking to a quad-core.

Best bet is you can try to bag a quad-core chip like the AMD Phenom IIx4, at-least an AMD Phenom IIx4 955 OR 965 ~6500/- from the reserve stock.

Most places the Phenom's have been replaced by the FX class processors, so online purchase is not an option in my opinion try to check the local stores.

Thanks to All, I am trying for Unlocked AMD X2 550 - 560 Black Edition, Is it Good Thinking Sir ?

Bad, because you will get a very power hungry dual-core processor and the chances of it unlocking to a quad-core are thin.
Sir, I am getting AMD X2 560BE for Rs. 4.5K I will be quite Comfortable with it, Please suggest the Price for X4[Used] to search for 2-3days. Thanks a Lot.

Sir, I am getting AMD X2 560BE for Rs. 4.5K I will be quite Comfortable with it, Please suggest the Price for X4[Used] to search for 2-3days. Thanks a Lot.

Stop calling me Sir for starters.

Hmmm... for Phenom IIx4 used pieces the price should not be more than ~4500/- -->5500/- because the reserve stock of Phenom IIx4 are selling for dirt-cheap these days. Last I saw a Phenom IIx4 970 was retailing for close ~6500/-.

It is very difficult to find,Phenom X4 is almost gone,He can find Phenom X6 online in few sites though.
Stop calling me Sir for starters.

Hmmm... for Phenom IIx4 used pieces the price should not be more than ~4500/- -->5500/- because the reserve stock of Phenom IIx4 are selling for dirt-cheap these days. Last I saw a Phenom IIx4 970 was retailing for close ~6500/-.

Hi gcbeldar, please make sure X6 has 95W TDP for this MB

Thanks a lot, Even x4-965 is 125w
Now, I left with Only Option X2 560BE

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.This one should cost less AMD Phenom II X2 560 (HDZ560WFGMBOX)

PS:- Wait for Other Suggestions,they might have another way around,I feel like Suggesting to Go with G630+Cheapest Motherboard But again you have a Motherboard already and the G630 wont have much Difference Compared to X2 560 AnandTech - Bench - CPU
Will the processor available in smc support my motherboard, I am unable to find in the motherboard support list Only HDZ560WFK2DGM in list available is HDZ560WFGMBOX

Thanks a lot, Even x4-965 is 125w
Now, I left with Only Option X2 560BE

Will the processor available in smc support my motherboard, I am unable to find in the motherboard support list Only HDZ560WFK2DGM in list available is HDZ560WFGMBOX

If the motherboard supports core-unlocking it supports 125W TDP processors. So quit worrying if any Phenom IIx4 quads will be compatible OR not.

Yes the processor will be supported but please don't be very optimistic about the chances of it unlocking to a quad-core.

Hi gcbeldar, please make sure X6 has 95W TDP for this MB

Why so?

I would suggest to Just use it as dual-Core it has a Good Stand against Intel G-Series,As your not much into gaming or development ,it should be fine :p If you feel it is on the slower side u can unlock then!

Finding an X4,the chances are very Less! if you can thtz the best Deal!

If the motherboard supports core-unlocking it supports 125W TDP processors. So quit worrying if any Phenom IIx4 quads will be compatible OR not.

Yes the processor will be supported but please don't be very optimistic about the chances of it unlocking to a quad-core.

Why so?

hi alpha, CPU compatibility list do not support 125 w TDP proc afaik, moreover when I brought X6 i was about to go in for this MB, was advised against it, since there is no 125w x6 support, check at MSI, there are 2 versions of x6 right 125/95 ?, google or check newegg for this issue, correct if am wrong

Back