PC Peripherals Suggest a Good Soundcard for 10K

If you are buying in India, you don't have much of a choice other than Audigy 2 ZS. If you are getting from abroad, you can get all of them in that price

Yup they are all within 10k infact the Revo 7.1 is just $95.

Else wait till the X-Fi is launched in India. No use buying an Audigy 2, its a sucky card, Chaos will tell you why...

Thx pal. What's the spkrs. to go with it ? Let's say - A total of 20K for the card and spkrs. Should be the MX-5021 but want ur opinion.

Freaky said:
Thx pal. What's the spkrs. to go with it ? Let's say - A total of 20K for the card and spkrs. Should be the MX-5021 but want ur opinion.
Well if you are buying an MX5021, then you need a card with good analog quality. If you absolutely must have creative, then I won't recommend anything below an X-Fi(though I havent heard it personally myself, the reviews say it has good music quality). For music only, get an M-Audio revo 5.1/7.1.

Freaky said:
He's gonna get the card here. So is the ZS the only option ?
Waiting for now is a good option :). He could opt for an MSI SLI board(unless he's an overclocker and waiting for DFI boards) with the SB Live 24bit for now and then buy the X-Fi when it arrives. There is one site though where you do get a m-audio revo cards in India. Someone posted a link a while back. Costs around 7K on the site though it might be lower now.

I suggest you wait. It wont be long before X-Fi hits India and they are definately the ones to buy...

From the link Zhopudey posted :

High-Definition 7.1 Surround Sound PCI Card

Revolution 7.1 is the ultimate audio upgrade for your PCI-based computer. Play DVDs and all your music in surround sound, make games more realistic, and record or mix your own music.

You’ll also enjoy robust gaming experiences with popular 3D audio technologies such as Sensaura, EAX, DirectSound, and A3D.

EAX on a Revo 7.1, is this possible ?

Ok, ! Thanks for the clarification guys !

Another bit of information added to my ever-growing knowledge thanks to wizards like Chaos and Eddy on TE :D !

Actually EAX is an over-hyped piece of marketing bull$**t. Aureal 3D was the really cool surround technology, but creative bought out aureal, and left us with stupid EAX.
The revo has Sensura surround for games, which is also quite good.

Back