Laptops Suggest a new lappy for 40k

just a word of caution,stay away from any laptops having the Celeron processor:no: ,since most in ur price range will have that.i think HCL has a model with the Pentium M proccesor for around 38k...check it out.
btw,what is his usage going to be like???

DELL...:cool2:

PC world did some laptop comparison this month and HCL leaptop AX 7007 came third...i personally have no idea if it is any good though...(and yes the top two were priced at nearly 55k)
The specs: 1.6Ghz Pentium M, 256 MB DDR2, 14.1 widescreen, combo drive, 60GB 5400RPM, 2.53Kg

They didn't include any lappy from Dell in the shootout :S

Thanx for the suggestions,He needs it for running SAP related stuff.What he needs is a good proccy (dunno abt mobile processors,so pls suggest a good one),512MB RAM,80GB HDD.Big screen is not cumpolsory and it should bitween 2-3Kgs.

40k you wont get a good machine with 512 ram and 80gb....i have the july prices of all laptops so you can PM me ill send you the file. A good deal is the HP 6110 for 45k with pM 1.7ghz, 512mb ram, 60gb, dvdRW, magnesium alloy body..maybe it will be a bit cheaper now.

Zenith Strategist laptop is for 38k.....no 512 MB RAM though.
otherwise the HCL mentioned above is probably the best choice for upto 40k.
if u can,try and stretch for the HP mentioned above.

dude pentium M is a reworked pentium 3 processor. so i suggest go in for centrino or a turion processor. I think there was a price cut on the amd turions as well so, if u can wait a lil while im sure acer who has a lot of turions will lower the prices in a bit.

friedclyde said:
dude pentium M is a reworked pentium 3 processor. so i suggest go in for centrino or a turion processor.

Centrino is not a processor. It is a technology certification. A laptop is qualified for a Centrino label only if it has the following three components:

• Intel Pentium-M Processor

• Intel 915GM (previously 855GM) chipset

• Intel Pro Wireless LAN 2200b/g

@ Kumar:

How about a HCL laptop based on Centrino Mobile Tech with P-M 1.6G / 915GM / Intel Pro W-LAN 802.11b/g / 512MB / 60GB / DVD-RW / 14.1" WXGA / Linux OS / Carry Bag /1yr Wrnty for Rs.36,900/- + 4%

If interested, and for details PM me.

Hi .. I am running a site called merawaala.com which helps makes shopping comparison .. there is a page which might be of interest to you at http://www.merawaala.com/comparator.php?id=25 . It lists various indian laptops in the similar price range.

It wud be great if you could give some feedback about the tool. Also please note that right now it works only in IE and firefox.

I am using a Compaq lappy which i got at 44.5k........U can try out this model .

But u can try with Acer Laptops....they r really good ones.....

How come I don't see anybody recommending Compaq Laptops... sure they're not cream of the crop... but they fit the bill... literally... not to mention... they're SEXY.

Try the Compaq V3000 series. They range from 42990 to 52990

925062940-6553156-1.jpg

Prominent models in the V3000 Series
All these come with 512MB DDR2 and either 60GB / 80 GB Sata Drives.

Graphics:
AMD - NVIDIA Go6150
Intel - GMA 950

V3018TU - Core Solo - 45990
V3029AU - Turion 64 X2 - 42990
V3035TU - Core Duo - 52990

Back