I need to buy a new cell phone for my dad. Main requirements are

1.Absolutely No fuss cell phone
2. Good UI (No complex stuff)
3. Good loud ringtone
4. Big numbers on screen preferred
5. Good keyboard layout
6. Candy bar design
7. Good alarm signal

Uses: Calling and receiving call and once in a while SMS. Any other thing than this not at all required (if it comes then no harm)

Cost: Cheaper the better.

if u want a dual sim phone , i wud suggest u to get spice M-4242 , its around 1600 something , large keypad , large onscreen display , 500 phone book memory , comes with a dual led torch which i wud say is very very bright

very sturdy yet light weight phone , i wud say its much better than the micromax x114 or x118 in the similar price range for dual sim phones ,

if ur dad wants an ever green nokia , then it shud be the nokia 2323 , its also around 2k mark , absolutely no fuss phone with large keypad and large onscreen number display as well

ronnie_gogs said:
Nokia 2730 .... Good solid phone...
Out of budget and far rich in features for the need.

I checked out the samsung E1160 and it seems really good and value for money. Should i go ahead and buy from ebay ?? What is the market price of this phone ?

Any other suggestions in sub 2K range ?

Parv said:
^^ Market price will be about 1600, eBay has it for 1690 (You can opt for a gift also).
can you tell me more about that gift part ??

Also i guess if one takes gift then coupon cannot be used, something like that

edit: figured it out

I guess if i can get 15% off then that is better than getting a gift

Guys how is the Samsung GURU E2130

I asked my dad and he says that he would listen to music if MP3 does exist. I have also increased the budget a bit. So how is this ?

And yes how are MIcromaxx and Maxx mobiles ??

QWERTY keypad is NOT preferred.

IINM in the Samsung GURU E2130/2120 you cant play music in the background. If u play music then u cant minimize the player and msg etc... Only option is quit the player.
Check out the Nokia 2690 ~ 2.6-2.7k. (You have to buy a microSD though)
1.8" 128 x 160 pixels
3.5 mm jack :D
VGA CAM
S40 interface
Standard microUSB interface.
Big Fonts

Can anyone tell me if it is preferred to buy from univercell if the price even after ebay discount is lesser at univercell ? Also how fast do they deliver ?

Any octroi hassles ?

Btw does the samsung e1160 come with earphones in the box ??

Also how is the website techshop.in to buy this phone ?

Here is a link

http://techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=5194

I found somewhere that this phone does not have a audio output jack. I do require that.

I am now considering the Nokia 5030 express radio. What say ?? Is it good enough ?

Radio has to be there but also earphone jack has to be there. Is the keypad of 5030 hard to use/press ?

Also are the brands like videocon, maxx, micromax, karbonn etc etc worth looking at ??

PS: My roomie has a fly phone and i dont like it at all.

How are micromax x114 and x116 and what is difference between two ?

Back