I need to buy a new cell phone for my dad. Main requirements are

1.Absolutely No fuss cell phone
2. Good UI (No complex stuff)
3. Good loud ringtone
4. Big numbers on screen preferred
5. Good keyboard layout
6. Candy bar design
7. Good alarm signal

Uses: Calling and receiving call and once in a while SMS. Any other thing than this not at all required (if it comes then no harm)

Cost: Cheaper the better.

raksrules said:
I am now considering the Nokia 5030 express radio. What say ?? Is it good enough ?

Radio has to be there but also earphone jack has to be there. Is the keypad of 5030 hard to use/press ?

Also are the brands like videocon, maxx, micromax, karbonn etc etc worth looking at ??

PS: My roomie has a fly phone and i dont like it at all.
How are micromax x114 and x116 and what is difference between two ?
Well my dad has the 5030 and the keypad is pretty hard. Also the thmes are horrible. Yuk. The Samsung E1160 is a better buy. My Uncle has dat fone and i find it better than the 5030. IINM it also comes with handsfree.

raksrules said:
@DarkAngel

Check my last post where i have mentioned about the alcatel model. I guess that is the THE PHONE to buy ??? Or not ???
Features are just too good for the price.

Have no idea about the brand. Also not much idea about Micromax etc... :ashamed: I stick with Nokia, Samsung, SE :D

Its amazing to know ppl havent even heard about Alcatel :(

Btw I have the phone in hand now....so as I posted in the other thread...if you can get the phone for 1.6k or so with 1GB card ....just get it....believe me u wont regret it at all for the purpose you are buying it for ie for your dads basic use.

man buy a samsung guru it is really great
my dad also use that
it have all the features which you demand and yes really imp. it has fm radio which you can play without led
and it is available at a price of just 1600 bucks
so all in all a good phone for your dad

Back