suggest a phone for Grandpa

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
Once again knocking the doors of mobile experts' minds.

My grandpa requires a new phone.

- he's using nokia 1100 since last 5 years or so. He just uses his phone for make-receive calls. that's all.

- Now, Main requirement is Video Calling.

- So 3G and front camera is required.

- No Touch.

- Simple design (Main thing)

- And total Ease of use (It's for grandpa)

On top of my head design should be Like Nokia 6700 and similar models.

for senior citizens get a full touchscreen phone or at least a phone with a larger screen as they have difficulty in reading the keypad .. i gave my ma an iphone and she loves it .. the simplicity of an iphone makes it a good device for senior citizens . but since u want a front camera the here a r a few choices only in nokia cause the t9 in nokia is better and ui is simpler

x6, n86, n79 , n97 mini , c6, 5800

chose the n97 mini as its got a keypaad as well or the n79 .. the only problem in symbian phones is double tapping for everthing which mite confuse ur grandpa. if that woories u then n79 is the best pick .

samsung phones

monte , wave, corbypro, i7110, jet . omnia hd .. again i prefer corby pro because of the keypad

its a leap from the 1100 but he will eventually get used to i t

since u want to use videocalling as well then make sure the phone has a faster processor .

TY khanvis2009, Yes the main thing is Big display and Large Numpad. And he is still not comfy with any other feature of the phone except make receive calls. So I am pretty sure touch-screen, slide will be a big no no.

On the other hand, faster processors and front cameras are mostly covered in Touch phones mostly. So it's going to be a hard find. BTW N79 looks like an ideal choice right now. Coz, it has neither touch nor slide or anything stylish. But It's quite older and slower model when I consider 3G devises.

EDIT

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3122&idPhone2=2497

Looks like I found it. Nokia C5.

- Pretty simple looks.

- Nice and huge Display and numpad

- 600MHz Proccy

- Front VGA cam.

Yup, the C5 is a good choice :) Also there are cheaper options too,

Samsung C5010 Squash Price in India: Features & Reviews: Modern Black Color: Samsung C5010 Price | Flipkart

Samsung C5010 Squash - Full phone specifications

Its just 3.5k but has 3G(384kbps) and front cam with 2" screen and 128*160 resoultions

Sony Ericsson J105i Naite Price in India: Features & Reviews: Ginger Red Color: Sony Ericsson J105i Price | Flipkart

Sony Ericsson J105 Naite - Full phone specifications

Else the SE naite. Has 3.6Mbps speed and 2" screen with QVGA resolution. Costs just ~5.9k

i am not sure how video calling would be like on a small screen .. that y i think a larger screen would be better .. but c5 is an excellent choice ,,, nokia still rocks in the "value for money" dept .

Back