Suggest a phone within 30k..

prankie

Tech Addict
Disciple
Need a good handset, would use it for atleast 18 months.. will be buying it within next 15 days.. so here are my requirements.. please suggest
<

1. Q: Budget?

A: 28-30k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: AMOLED

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: HTC, Motorola, No LG!!, I don't like samsung, maybe due to its build quality, recommend samsung only if it's using good materials..

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5/8MP camera. Flash. also need decent front camera for video calling

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android, I like WP7 but the app support is not that great and it doesn't support video calling at the moment.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Media>Internet>Apps> Mails>Camera (Order)

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Should have great display and handset should be sturdy, should have decent battery life

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Galaxy Nexus, although its samsung, but I cannot ignore the HD screen, but I have no idea about the build quality, btw, i already own Nexus one and it was awesome..

You best choice is the samsung galaxy S2 one of the best phones around 30k though the build quality is average.

You can also consider the Nokia lumia 800 if you are interested in WP7 phone.

@AbDroid, I dislike Samsung Galaxy S2, its build quality is pretty average, and keeping aside its hardware (which is pretty awesome) it doesn't have the oomph factor..

@divyesh2129

For how much is it available in india? and how is the warranty and after sale support of motorola?

I would never say that S2's build is average - it may pale in comparison to RAZR's kevlar backplate - both feature gorilla on the front though. S2's backplate is not plate in the word's sense. Its flexible piece of plastic which keeps the weight low and the frame is made of high quality sturdy plastic. The comparison at GSMarena shows a shorter stand-by for RAZR even though it carries a better mAh battery

I recommend these:

1)HTC Sensation XE (1.5GHz Dual Core+Superb Audio+ Great Build)

2)Motorola Droid RAZR (Superb Design, Made of KEVLAR, enoough said)

3)Samsung Galaxy Note (Its HUMOUNGOUS yet SUPERB)

Samsung Galaxy S2 is not that Great buddy.. I tried it, and personally didnt like it..

Battery Drains Like hell..

After playng Angry Birds for 20-25 min, Battery Drained 30%.!!!

Note has great battery life when screen is off..
<

I recommend these:

1)HTC Sensation XE (1.5GHz Dual Core+Superb Audio+ Great Build)

2)Motorola Droid RAZR (Superb Design, Made of KEVLAR, enoough said)

3)Samsung Galaxy Note (Its HUMOUNGOUS yet SUPERB)

Samsung Galaxy S2 is not that Great buddy.. I tried it, and personally didnt like it..

Battery Drains Like hell..

After playng Angry Birds for 20-25 min, Battery Drained 30%.!!!

Note has great battery life when screen is off..
<

Which version of GB were you running on S2 ?

@OP

Sensation XE has 1GB user available space. Will that be enough, i guess not.

Motoroal RAZR Maxx is coming with a 3300mAH battery. Better wait for this one if you donot like Samsung.

Won't recommend Note, as its not a phone.

Best bet would be to wait for Galaxy Nexus.

Razr Maxx will be a Helluva phone!!

Yeah 1GB wont suffice if you are installing more than 50 apps.. But till then its fine!!

If he can wait, Droid Maxx or Nexus!!! Nothing else..

R8 now, RAZR or XE..

BTW,about SGS 2 : Dunno.. It was my friends phone..I Guess it was 2.3.6

@teja92

Today I went to Reliance Electronics and I saw Galaxy note in person, and I was blown away by its screen!! the phone also felt very nice in my large palm and pockets
<

I can't find Droid Razr any where in Pune.. i want to try out the phone aswell as Moto Blur before making a decision..

and yes 1GB of internal storage on HTC Sensation wont be enough,, I had hard time managing application on tiny internal memory of my nexus one, dont want to experience tht again..

Also I'm unable to find Galaxy Nexus anywhere! btw, when is it going to officially launch in india?

I am a Samsung Fan so from my side, go for either Samsung Galaxy s2 or Samsung Note. There is no problem with the build quality of Samsung phones. Everyone of my 4 family members are using separate mobiles...All Samsung.
<

@abhifusion

Reliance is selling it for 33400/-

After reading/watching some reviews I was thoroughly impressed by Note's performance.. also I'm getting tempted towards Galaxy Nexus, but its high price (~40k on ebay) and slightly slower performance than S2 and note, also abscence of SD slot are hindering my decision.. but it will be the first to get next iteration of android (jellybean i suppose), so i'm not able to fix my mind..

Note will be getting ICS pretty soon (can some one confirm the exact date? ) and it has larger display plus a wacom like stylus... but its not suitable for single handed operation...
<

Back