Suggest a reliable router

That is exactly what I was thinking last week but didn't wanna bump this thread but now since it's already bumped :tearsofjoy:
Well if he does not take care of his thread its getting hijacked :D
If you are using those many devices and need a Mesh, I'd like to suggest Deco M4 if you don't want to invest much time and would prefer 'set it and forget it' type of setup.

I spent countless hours on OpenWRT in 2-3 compatible devices and it was not bad but every once in a while, I faced reliability issues/connection drops/unable to connect, etc. and needed to power cycle. I got fed up and ordered M4 triple pack for ~8000 (2-3years ago). The performance/stability/reliability was unmatched. It just works. No connection drops, excellent coverage, amazing speed everywhere. This might look like a sponsored post but no, it isn't LOL, it just works.

My family and friends often ask me to troubleshoot their internet/router issues and since I installed Deco at my home, I have installed 6 DecoM4 Triple Packs in their homes and have received almost zero complaints yet.
The price is reasonable for what i think will be better than the R7000

What is the equivalent by Netgear? Orbi? When I saw the price I decided to stick with what I had.

Last edited:
It just works. No connection drops, excellent coverage, amazing speed everywhere. This might look like a sponsored post but no, it isn't LOL, it just works.
yup, i have used those Deco briefly, i mean i refused to believe it was TP link, I believe it was the most reliable product TP link ever created.
place those in 3 corners of your house, LAN wired to your switch. and forget it. simultaneous 3 4k streams was breeze.
Thew only issue was, it wasn't compatible with some old intel draft-n wifi cards.
dont omit the first name - https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/5934/bhasma that the real catch.

Apologies for not being active I sort of forgot that I made a query on here too .

Anyway I decided to go with the TP-Link TL-WR841N since they've been selling it for years and it was well under my budget.

You guys may continue the discussion, it might help someone else like me make a decision on their next router. :)

Apologies for not being active I sort of forgot that I made a query on here too .

Anyway I decided to go with the TP-Link TL-WR841N since they've been selling it for years and it was well under my budget.

You guys may continue the discussion, it might help someone else like me make a decision on their next router. :)
TP-Link TL-WR841N is a reliable albeit dated unit inside ur budjet, it shud be just fine for under 100Mbps internet. The Xaomi 4C has much more modern chipset and is also within ur budjet. TL-WR841N has over 10+ versions/revisions, not all of which are reliable. Which revision did you get?.

TP-Link TL-WR841N is a reliable albeit dated unit inside ur budjet, it shud be just fine for under 100Mbps internet. The Xaomi 4C has much more modern chipset and is also within ur budjet. TL-WR841N has over 10+ versions/revisions, not all of which are reliable. Which revision did you get?.
I got it for 500 bucks used from a friend who bought it early 2021. He didn't need it anymore as he got a better one from his isp.
I've been using it for about a month now and it's working just fine, not sure of the version though.

not sure of the version though.
tp link version howto.jpg

Which version do you have?

I have a spare TL MR3620 router. Pretty immaculate and works awesome well.

The best router I have used till date considering the structure of our home. Both 2.4 and 5 Ghz signals as well as speed were great.
But i had to upgrade as my connection moved from 100 to 150mbps

The only downside of at all it matters is it's not Gigabit.

TP-Link Archer A6 AC1200 Mesh Router for the past 3+ years and pretty reliable these days.

There was a problem that Amazon shipped me a US model instead of a EU/IN model and the firmware in their page was incompatible.

On the first year it had lots of disconnection issues though the paired ONT unit was still connected. Contacted support and support guys are quick and so informed in helping the matters. On the futher firmware and security updates, the issues vanished.

I can vouch the TP-Link for the following
  • Good support
  • Price range
  • Reliable
  • Easy setup and admin panel
  • Most of the routers has support for alternate firmware like OpenWRT, tomato, etc
Negative points
  • Even the newest firmware has vulnerable components
  • Less secure as mentioned by most of the security researchers

A6 by itself is decent but trying to use any extenders with it in onemesh is futile. You'll never get an IP if you're in an extended network.

Back