Suggest a Tablet Under 50K

aasimenator said:
^ the ASUS transformer is good buy. I'd go with the Acer Iconia Tab A500 instead just because over the ASUS it has DDR3 RAM & a USB port which i can plug in any USB & copy some move/ data over from someone.

None of the tablets above are officially launched in India except for the ASUS & Acer.

If you want to go for the Galaxy 10.1 its available at Amazon for 26k add around 4k for shipping & taxes.

Asus transformer is also not officially launched in india.

If I were you, and I will be doing the exact same thing as I am telling you right now:

Asus Transformer 16gb OR Galaxy Tab 10.1, Both of them only 3G models. If you can't wait then Xoom 3g. The first two will cost like 35k or so and Xoom costs like 40k.
32 Gb Microsd, I may not buy a new card, but since you can buy one, go for a Class 6-10, so around 5-7k here
A leather diary case, another 2-5k on this
A keyword dock another 4-6k+ on this

Total easily around 50k
My dealer said Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be available in India some time in July. And from my talks my Asus sales people, I guess July-Aug for Transformer too, but perhaps a bit later for the 3G model.

If nothing else is available in the next 10-15 days or so, go for Xoom 3g.

Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid notebook

A tablet cum Notebook.Amazing looks amazing performance.
Both Windows 7 and Android loaded.

^ Honestly I am not interested in any 3G models. Wifi Only will do, atleast for another 3 years as 3G is not yet available everywhere in India plus I will only be using the tablet at home.

If you are travelling from Mumbai to Delhi, Do you still all the stations in between them have full 3G Services?

If at all i am traveling with the device & 3g service is there I think i'll go for the Devices that provide Wifi like the one that Tata had launched recently with which you can connect up 5 wifi devices & it is 3G Enabled.

Motorola Xoom Wifi Only is available for 32k at flipkart.com which is more than enough for me right now.

Compared to Motorola Xoom, Samsung is better but it doesn't provide the option to expand memory which is a huge downside.

I am waiting on Full Hands on review on the HP TouchPad which launched 1st July To make my decision.

well if you are going by teasers , the sony s1 looks good too :D

i think you can go with rite's choice or rather wait , better things lie on the horizon ,, the tegra 2 chip is not that great

My plan of action is to buy a Tegra 2 right now, and upgrade to Tegra 3, around 6-8 months or more down when it is available in India.

well if you are going by teasers , the sony s1 looks good too :D

i think you can go with rite's choice or rather wait , better things lie on the horizon ,, the tegra 2 chip is not that great

Ok bought the Motorola Xoom 32GB Wifi only. I will have it in 11 days from now.
happy64.gif

Back