Suggest a Tablet Under 50K

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Hi,

I had called my uncle today, He's coming from Dubai by the end of this month, He asked me if I wanted him to bring me something:eek:hyeah: and immediately i said yes i want you to bring me a Tablet :clap:

Now he's not that tech savy so will need to give him exact details on the product..

What i am looking for is given below & my opinion where necessary.

Apple Ipad / Ipad 2 = I don't really want to go for this, but if there is no 10" option then i will go with Ipad.

Reason: The obvious reason for me is no customization. I love my Iphone 3GS but i hate having to connect it to ITunes to delete a video / ringtone / pictures. I need to be able to do this on the go.

So my other options are Andriod & Windows.

My Requirements

CPU : 1Ghz SnapDragon / Nvidia Tera2

Support for 3d Graphics

RAM: I want 512MB

Storage: Expandable 8/16/ 32GB

3g Support & WiFi: Compulsory

Camera: Not Necessary but a Front Camera is a Plus

Resolution: The Higher the better but 800×480 is i think standard for tablets

Screen size: any where from 8" to 10" although 10" would be best

Battery Life: Should last atleast 10 hours

What can you guys Suggest?

Don't think that how can a guy asking for a Tablet under 10k go directly to 50K, Well If my uncle is bringing it I don't have to pay him all the money at once... i can give him in installments so I can afford a 50k tablet now :)

I'd say iPad 2 64gb 3G.. Unless, you want to wait for the Tab Duo.
Do, let me know how much it costed you though. I have someone in Dubai I might be able to get a tablet from.

Android 3.0 is shaping up to be really good you know... And the 50MB app size limit, well it's gonn be removed soon. EPIC is working on it...

I think the new Galaxy Tab 2.0 10" or the Moto Xoom are excellent options.

Sorry I wasn't able to update this thread.

I was totally Bummed out because my Uncle's India visit was postponed So I wasn't able to get any Tablet.

He sent me an email yesterday that he's coming of 1st July. I have since then started searching on the internet for good tablets.

My Budget has changed since then its now under 30k & I am not at all interested in Apple Ipad or the Blackberry Playbook

I have shortlisted the following

1. Motorola Xoom

Pros.

Expandable Memory

Micro USB & HDMI

5 Mp camera

Cons.

Bulky

2. ACER Iconia A500 Tab

Pros.

USB/ Micro USB

Mini HDMI

Expandable Memory

Cons.

Bulky

Weird Shape

Too Much Buffer Space between the case & the LCD

Bad Camera Quality

3. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 10.1"

Pros.

Slick Looking

Thinnest

Good Camera

Cons.

No Expandable Memory

No HDMI / USB

3mp camera

I was interested in HP Touchpad but its launching on 1st July by which my Uncle will be out of the city already. Any other good Tablets to look at in the 30k Price Range?

^ the ASUS transformer is good buy. I'd go with the Acer Iconia Tab A500 instead just because over the ASUS it has DDR3 RAM & a USB port which i can plug in any USB & copy some move/ data over from someone.

None of the tablets above are officially launched in India except for the ASUS & Acer.

If you want to go for the Galaxy 10.1 its available at Amazon for 26k add around 4k for shipping & taxes.

With iOS 5 on ipad 2, you can forget itunes. And if you jailbreak it opens up a lot of possibilities.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Android sucks for tablets imho

I second that.

Yesterday went to Croma and tried the iPad 2.. It was superb....

I even tried Playbook but iPad 2 wins hands-down..

Just go for it dude..

Back