Suggest a VFM basic Nokia for Dad

raksrules

Elite
Need to purchase a VFM Nokia phone for my dad.

Main priorities

1. Very good voice clarity in voice calls - This is of upmost importance

2. Should be very easy to use and no-brainer UI

3. FM will be good addon but not necessary

4. No unnecessary features required.

5. Loud ringtone and good alarm

6. Nokia preferred due to simplistic UI

Phone will be used for 90% voice calls and only 10% SMS and that too only reading.

Please suggest what fits the bill for me ?

Nokia 1800 fits the bill well.

My friend is using this one, and its build is good for 1.5K.

Nice color screen and FM is included (with headphones).

Voice clarity is good and so is ringtone (usually Nokia has loud ringtones).

Nokia 2690 would be a good choice for basic multimedia (audio only.. video player on it is crap, but can't expect much from a sub-3K phone). It supports expandable memory upto 8GB and also has 3.5mm audio jack port for better heaphones to be plugged in. Camera is VGA, though.

Samsung E1081? Its a decent phone and there is deal of week for Rs.1111 (Rs.1000 after 10% coupon or free 2GB pen drive)
Else the Samsung E1160 ~ 1.5k. Has stereo speakers for FM.(built in FM) Loud ringtones.

I find the Samsung Guru Series UI also to be straight forward :)

Got the E1070 and E1160 for my mom and uncle. Both are very comfortable with it. Previously they were using Nokia.

^^ But what about voice quality. I am not bound to nokia and samsung is fine if the voice quality is good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

de.das.dude said:
go for the nokia xpress radio.
I was not able to find it online, any link please

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Samsung does seem to have VFM mobile phones and i am now more inclined to those. I have following options

1. Samsung Guru E1085T

Ebay lowest - 1625

Flipkart price - 1290

Tradus.in price - 1295

2. Samsung E1160

Ebay lowest - 1525

Flipkart price - 1500 (it mentions E1160i..not sure what i means)

Tradus.in price - 1490

3. Samsung E1175

Ebay lowest - 1450

Flipkart price - 1319

Tradus.in price - 1353

What should i go for from the above?

Please do keep in mind that my first priority is voice clarity and ease of use (physical keypad and UI wise)

Had hands on experience with E1160 and its pretty good for the price :) It comes with few MP3 tones and the ringtones are very loud. The FM too performs very well. My uncle is using it for 10 months and haven't faced any issues yet.

Dont go for the Nokia Xpress Radio 5030 :mad: My dad got that and that was the reason i went for Samsung ones after that in low end phones.

Its got a very stiff key pad and pathetic themes :mad: U cant have a plain background and the all the themes are extremely pathetic.

then go for C1 .. ?

Believe me, C2 is more apt for u as a purchase. 2.5k is not going to make too mch of a difference in the overall expenditure, but the features will give u a chance to not be left hanging if the situation arrives.

provides users a range of information covering healthcare, agriculture, education and entertainment. It also offers Ovi Mail. Music player, GPRS, FM radio with recording, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth, MMS, and a VGA camera, and supports micro-SD cards of up to 32 GB. It is priced at around Rs 2500, and will be available later this year.

For just abt 1k more, u ll be harping on how u got so much more when you cud have done without em. And iinm, it also has torch light.. now who wdnt want that feature ? u never know when you might use any of those feature like esp the camera or the music functionality.

how about the samsung i200? available anywhere between 3500-5000rs - windows mobile 6.1 based smartphone with 3g and a 2mp camera and all the goodies that one can expect from a proper smart phone.

Spacescreamer said:
then go for C1 .. ?

Believe me, C2 is more apt for u as a purchase. 2.5k is not going to make too mch of a difference in the overall expenditure, but the features will give u a chance to not be left hanging if the situation arrives.

For just abt 1k more, u ll be harping on how u got so much more when you cud have done without em. And iinm, it also has torch light.. now who wdnt want that feature ? u never know when you might use any of those feature like esp the camera or the music functionality.
Yes i understand what you are saying but you see phone will be used my dad who struggles with even basic functions so i need to give him something which is super simple and bare minimum features. He would never be using ovi mail, gprs mms, camera, music player and all.

raksrules said:
Yes i understand what you are saying but you see phone will be used my dad who struggles with even basic functions so i need to give him something which is super simple and bare minimum features. He would never be using ovi mail, gprs mms, camera, music player and all.

nope both c1 and c2 are basic dual sim phones

no ovi, push mail etc, dude

and difference between C1 and C2 is that C2 has mp3 and dual standby extra

Well check for Samsung e2370. It's 2799/-. I have recently bought it and really impressed by it's built quality, no-nonsense features,speaker quality(really good) and flash light. THe biggest positive is it's rustic nature(dust,water(up to a certain level) resistant) and 2000mAH battery which is a big big plus. Will be a really good buy for parents.

Back