CPU/Mobo Suggest alternative for 'Intel G2120'

Hi friends, planing to upgrade my PC, i fount following suits very well for my budget .

>> CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 (it is not i3) , Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H

But i am not able to find it(CPU) in market :( . pls suggest a real alternative for it , even AMD is ok.

Thanks in advance.

Yes nobody's denying its better, but its also ~20$ more. As I said, it was probably the cheaper pricing of the G2010 that prompted Intel India to replace the G2120 in the market with the G2010. If you check, even the older G2120 was selling for the same ~3.5k, so its probably more economically viable for them to sell the cheaper G2010.

Yes nobody's denying its better, but its also ~20$ more. As I said, it was probably the cheaper pricing of the G2010 that prompted Intel India to replace the G2120 in the market with the G2010. If you check, even the older G2120 was selling for the same ~3.5k, so its probably more economically viable for them to sell the cheaper G2010.

oh ok.. thank you so much :) .Sorry if i was harsh on my words .
And one more doubt i can use same mother board (Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H) for G2010

Well, it has to be based off your requirement, please state the primary use of your computer and we will be able to better guide you.

Mainly for home usage like browsing etc. occasionally i may use it for '3D Max and Auto cad '

but i am in a tight budget>> looking for a CPU and MOBO in 7k

I have used amd x2 240 previously and am using g2120 . Video playback is miles ahead of amd x2 240 .Intel is way better and runs cooler . I was using stock on board graphics to compare both boards .

fx 4300 is good but it's also ok to go with fx 4100/4130 which are around 5.8-6k.

Well, the Fx4100/4130 are not 'true' quad cores, they only have 2 physical cores, they are split into 4 modules, the single core performance is weaker compared to the Pentium, since OP's requirements do not entail gaming, I think he would be better off with the intel chip.

Back