CPU/Mobo Suggest alternative for 'Intel G2120'

I have got some extra money, now i am thinking abt following CPU and MOB, what you think!

CPU: AMD A8-3850 (Rs: 7500)
Mother board : GIGABYTE GA-A75M-D2H (Rs:6500)

looks like that guide needs some serious update .. meanwhile after A8 3850 [ released 2 years back ] there's 5 and 6 series of apus released by AMD which at the same price point offers better performance.

looks like that guide needs some serious update .. meanwhile after A8 3850 [ released 2 years back ] there's 5 and 6 series of apus released by AMD which at the same price point offers better performance.

so this is the best i can get in that budget ?>> A10 5800k at 8.2k and Asus F2A85M-le @ 5.8k
how good is the integrated graphics in it , as i am not planing to buy GPU for now. Also i may use 3D software's like "3D max and auto cad".

Any Intel alternative compared with performance?

so this is the best i can get in that budget ?>> A10 5800k at 8.2k and Asus F2A85M-le @ 5.8k
how good is the integrated graphics in it , as i am not planing to buy GPU for now. Also i may use 3D software's like "3D max and auto cad".

Op your APU and mobo and CPU will cost you 14k, the g2010+h61+7750 will cost around the same(probably 500 bucks cehaper) and will be a much better rig for gaming. If gaming is you requirement discrete gpu will be better.

for 3Ds max and Auto cad you should have quad core cpu and a nvidia gfx card [ quadro if possible ] which you can add later. I really won't suggest getting a dual core cpu.

Or better get a FX 6300 / FX 4300 @ 7.5k/ 6.5k Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 @ 4.1k and with the rest of the money get a GT 630 gfx card.

for 3Ds max and Auto cad you should have quad core cpu and a nvidia gfx card [ quadro if possible ] which you can add later. I really won't suggest getting a dual core cpu.

Or better get a FX 6300 / FX 4300 @ 7.5k/ 6.5k Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 @ 4.1k and with the rest of the money get a GT 630 gfx card.

Thank you so much.. i am planing add(buy) following components along with CPU and MOBO u suggested. what do u think

CPU: FX 6300

Mother Board : Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

RAM : Corsair ValueRAM 4GB or Corsair Vengeance 4GB

Cabinet : Cooler Master eLite 310 ( without Smps )

SMPS: Corsair CX v2430W OR Antec VP450

^ Looks good. If you can, up your budget and get a Seasonic S12II. Another motherboard option is the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-usb3. According to this list, the VRMs are heatsinked so should stay cooler and be more reliable.

Or better get a FX 6300 / FX 4300
Have to agree. While the FX 4300 is not a true quad core, the quad pseudo cores end up faster in multi-threaded apps like rendering, over an equally priced dual core Intel i3. The FX6300 is only 1k more and is an even better deal. Since gaming is not your priority, the G2010 + 7750 combo won't make sense.

Had no idea the A10 5800K prices have dropped. It used to be 10k. At ~8k it actually becomes the best value, since the equivalent FX4300 + board + GT630 would be 15~16K, i.e. 1~2k more than the FM2 platform cost. But Socket FM2 is a dead-end and will be replaced with the next gen of APUs. If you're thinking about platform longevity/upgrading the CPU when the next generation hits, then the FX proc's Socket AM3+ will be worth the extra cost.

^ Looks good. If you can, up your budget and get a Seasonic S12II. Another motherboard option is the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-usb3. According to this list, the VRMs are heatsinked so should stay cooler and be more reliable.

Thank you so much....always alternate option is better ( when we got to market ). so you are saying This Gigabyte Mobo is better than Asus right ?

Yeah looks like the VRM should stay cooler. Plus it has an 8-pin ATX 12V connector instead of the regular 4 pin. Although the Asus is rated for higher 140W TDP procs, so might be fine at the lower 95W load of the FX 6300 too.

different mobos has different bios so the option may vary a little but basic procedure is the same - for AMD just get into bios > MIT/Advance Tweak or similar option and there you will find option to set memory frequency - if your mobo does not automatically picks up the correct speed of your memory module you can set it manually from here.

Its been a couple days since I visited this thread, so finally you decided to get the FX6300, good choice on the longer upgrade path and multicore support for your software.

Back