CPU/Mobo Suggest AM3 mobo

nvidia10

Disciple
Hi. I've dropped the idea of core i5 after no major improvement over socket burning. I've now decided on Phenom II X4 955 BE. So, plz suggest me an AM3 mobo supporting DDR3, Crossfire at x8 atleast and stable overclocking upto a maximum of 4 ghz.
Budget for mobo is 7k max.
Thanks in advance...

You could go with either msi 790gx-g65 for ~7K or biostar 790gx a3+ for ~6K. MSI's mobo is a great overclocker, biostar too is decent. Getting 4ghz might not be possible with every 955BE chip.

Budget but still one of the top three mobos for AM3 today is MSI GD70...close to 10-11k. Otherwise I would suggest you go for the Biostar AM3 board. Biostar is a good overclocker, but make sure your VRM's are properly cooled.

Intel and Nvidia are not in good terms, so be careful of SLI and where it will go in future.

Atleast with Crossfire, the CPU/GPU will belong to same company ATI, so there will be better support.

Thank you all. Is there any good am3 board under 5.5k offering ddr3 without crossfire. (if in case i want to save more money on mobo to spend more on gpu.)

I am also looking for a board as I will be buying a athlon x4 setup this christmas.

My budget for the board is arnd. 4k
How much does the biostar TA785GE cost? And doest it support ddr3?(plz correct the model no. I think I forgot :p)

biostar ta785ge would cost 4K and it doesn't support ddr3. MSI 785-E51 would be around 4.5K and supports DDR3. Good VFM mobo.Biostar 785G A3 is also an option, would cost you around 4K

amitmishra12 said:
I am also looking for a board as I will be buying a athlon x4 setup this christmas.

My budget for the board is arnd. 4k
How much does the biostar TA785GE cost? And doest it support ddr3?(plz correct the model no. I think I forgot :p)

MSI 785GM E65 - 4.5k (Using this right now, till now its great!)
MSI 785GM E51 - 3.6k

windhawk91 said:
MSI 785GM E65 - 4.5k (Using this right now, till now its great!)
MSI 785GM E51 - 3.6k

From where did you get them for such low prices.:S PPl in the forum where saying the prices where
MSI 785GM E65 - 5.6k
MSI 785GM E51 - 4.5k

MSI 790GX-G65 for Rs 7200/- and

@rajndra How can you say that Intel and Nvidia are not in good terms as per gaming is consult crysis one of the best game that is also optimized for Intel and Nvidia

@ toxicmind

Actually, I had gone through it but the results were almost same. So just wanted to make sure its not an isolated case.

N Your comment on the Best IGP was more help full.

repped u. :)

zopeon said:
@ toxicmind
Actually, I had gone through it but the results were almost same. So just wanted to make sure its not an isolated case.
N Your comment on the Best IGP was more help full.
repped u. :)

The 785G has a slight edge.
See this: AnandTech: Gigabyte's GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H - AMD's 785G is Here, Sort of...

Also read:

The graphics core in the 785G is upgraded from the HD3200/3300 utilized in the 780G/790GX to the HD4200. The primary difference between the cores is that the HD4200 fully supports DX10.1, Unified Video Decoder 2.0 (UVD), hardware accelerated picture in picture capabilities, dynamic contrast, HQ video scaling, hardware accelerated video transcoding, and full Powerplay support. The graphics core still runs at 500MHz (in current form) and at least in our particular sample, we were able to reach 1057MHz without too much trouble.

What does all this mean? For one, thanks to the HD4200, AMD finally offers multi-channel LPCM audio output plus additional hardware video accelerated functions. As far as performance is concerned, expect a 5%~ 15% performance increase in games.

Back